• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

PNW Racing?

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm super bummed every time I go up to the mountain and see all the 13 year old kids whizzing around gates on the best groomer of the day. I like to ski fast, and I wish I had learned when I was a kid, and jumped on a ski team. So I'm going to make up for lost time!

I'm looking for a race team out of Portland/Hood River, OR, to learn how to race with, and then compete. Anyone know of such a thing? NASTAR isn't on the West Coast. :mad:

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know this doesn't answer your main question, but Timberline has a great Masters ski camp, usually towards the end of August, where practically all you do is learn how to run gates. Of course, the skills you learn on gates also transfer to free skiing so even if you don't race you can learn a lot.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
And, coincidentally, I got my annual mailer from the Mt. Hood Summer Ski Camp (which my dad used to run many years ago!). Go to www.mthood.com for more info on their camps. Looks like they have an adults only camp August 24-30.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
oragejuice,

Head over to the Nastar.com or the Modernskiracing.com forums. There are lots of "out west" racers on there and they should be able to hook you up. Tell em I sent you. :wink:

NannyMin

Banned
I know this doesn't answer your main question, but Timberline has a great Masters ski camp, usually towards the end of August, where practically all you do is learn how to run gates. Of course, the skills you learn on gates also transfer to free skiing so even if you don't race you can learn a lot.

Have you done this camp?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga