• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Planning for next season already!

Jean M

Diva in Training
My mother in law has generously offered us a week of timeshare next year. :D Her association has locations near or at :

Mount Snow
Ascutney
Stowe

Loon
Waterville Valley

Saddleback

She is a beginner. Her first time on skis was this year at age 62. We want to make sure we go somewhere that is beginner friendly so she can have fun, but also has enough blue and black to keep the rest of us entertained for that long.

The only mountain of these we have skied is Loon. We think this would work but are also thinking it would be nice to explore new territory. I can make guesses based on trail maps, but it more reassuring to make decisions based on personal reviews.

Any thoughts, suggestions or recommendations from those of you that have skied these resorts?

Thanks a bunch.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm only familiar with Stowe, Ascutney, and Mount Snow, and out of those three, I would definitely recommend Stowe. A nice mountain with something for everyone, and a nice town, besides. Plus if you stay there, you could easily get to Smuggler's Notch, Sugarbush, Mad River Glen, even Jay if you wanted. And you could even make a side trip to Ben & Jerry's :D . Nothing wrong with that!

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had my first real ski lesson at age 45 at Mt. snow. There are two very long greentrails from the top of the mountain that will make your Mom feel very accomplished when she has done them. There is also enough to keep the Blue and Black folks happy. We found enough to do there to keep us busy for a week. we also took a sled ride through the Adams farm at night. That was fun too.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga