• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Plane tickets and shuttles out west 2021-22!

seastraight

Certified Ski Diva
We just checked plane tickets from Washington DC out to Colorado! Holy Mackeral! What happened? In the past, I have flown to Denver and then used Epic Mountain Express to the slopes. More recently, I was splurging on tickets to Eagle Airport near Vail and Beaver Creek. But this year that splurge is looking like $800 and $900 a ticket!!!! I would rather spend that on something other than a plane seat, so it looks like Denver will have to do. Does anyone have experience with other shuttles between Denver and Avon? And I definitely am going to try out some mid-Atlantic skiing this year!

marzNC

Angel Diva
Welcome to 2021 ski trip planning. I expect things will evolve before the 2022-23 season but there are all sorts of factors as to why booking plane tickets, car rentals, shuttles, and hotel rooms is very different in Oct 2021 compared to pre-pandemic years.

All the airlines reduced flight schedules, and have ended up with fewer employees. They were scrambling during June for summer flights. Figuring out what will work for the upcoming Hollidays and the winter season is clearly a work in progress. Did you see the headlines about what happened for Southwest passengers last weekend?

I and a few friends booked tickets to ABQ from assorted cities back when the Southwest schedule was released a few weeks ago. More than one of us has had to change our itinerary because the first flight to a hub airport no longer exists. We booked lodging back in April, knowing that there would be pent up demand.

marzNC

Angel Diva
And I definitely am going to try out some mid-Atlantic skiing this year!
Where in the mid-Atlantic?

I opted to plan a ski safari based on Indy in the east instead of a second mid-season trip out west. Not having to deal with flights was one of the reasons.

Also decided to take the time to drive out to Colorado for to meet up with friends to ski at Wolf Creek in Dec. I've got a new AWD SUV that replaced a 2WD minivan. Since I'm retired and do long drives often in the east, I figured it will be less stressful than flying back the week before Christmas. Helps that one ski buddy will be driving back with me, although he's going to fly out to start the trip.

seastraight

Certified Ski Diva
I am now revamping plans based on the plane tickets. I have Epic and Ikon passes this year, so am looking at the list of what is covered and comparing it to plane and car travel.. I haven't skiied in the east in years, except at Smuggs every couple of years. But I am thinking snowmaking has gotten a lot better, so have looked at the stats for Snowshoe, Timberline, Canaan, Massanutten, Liberty, Roundtop etc, and just looked up Montage too! And I am definitely planning to try out Inside Ski!!

Jilly

Staff member
Tremblant is on your Ikon pass. So if you have a passport and right now still need a Covid PCR test to come into Canada...

marzNC

Angel Diva
But I am thinking snowmaking has gotten a lot better, so have looked at the stats for Snowshoe, Timberline, Canaan, Massanutten, Liberty, Roundtop etc, and just looked up Montage too! And I am definitely planning to try out Inside Ski!!
If you have any questions about skiing in VA or WV, happy to answer them in the MidA/SE thread. I've also skied at Whitetail, Blue Knob, Roundtop, Montage, and Elk in PA.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna