• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Passports for 2018-19, free skiing for kids in 4th, 5th, and/or 6th grades, selected states

marzNC

Angel Diva
It's been a while since there was a list of "passports" that are useful to parents of kids in 4th, 5th, and/or 6th grades if they live in selected states. Here are a couple for 2018-19 to get things started. Have you got one yet? Have you used one in the past?

The states I remember with free kid ticket programs include Pennsylvania, Utah, and Colorado. For some programs, do not need to be a resident of the state to qualify.

Ski PA just announced the Snow Pass for 4th and 5th graders.

"PSAA is happy to announce that the Pennsylvania 4th & 5th Snowpass Program has returned for its 16th season. This program offers FREE lift tickets to 4th and 5th grade students that ski or snowboard in Pennsylvania (and you don't have to live in PA)!"

Enrollment for the Epic SchoolKids Colorado Pack ends on 10/7/2018.

"The Epic SchoolKids Colorado Pack is a free program for Kindergarten through 5th graders that provides four days of skiing and riding at each of the state’s top-ranked resorts: Vail, Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, and Keystone.

No purchase necessary! The program also includes one free first-timer ski or ride lesson with equipment rental."

Also exists for Utah and W-B:
Epic SchoolKids packs for CO, Park City, W-B

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Canada has the grade 4&5 snowpass for $29. It gets 3 days at each of 150 hills. We used to get it when we lived in Ontario. It doesn’t look like Chicopee is on it anymore. Too bad, it is a nice feeder hill.

marzNC

Angel Diva
For Utah, the passports are for 5th and 6th graders. 5th graders get 3 days at each of the 14 ski areas/resorts in Utah for $45. 6th graders get 1 day at each place, also $45. Do not need to be a Utah resident. Have to allow a couple weeks to get the passport in the mail.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Maine has a ski/board program for 5th, 6th, and 7th graders. Making changes for 2018-19. Look for it in December 2018.

NH will have a passport again for 4th and 5th graders for 2018-19. Details not ready yet.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I wish I knew this before it closed. I would have told my students.

Colorado Ski passport
Sorry, I posted about the Epic SchoolKids program in June but that was probably after a lot of Divas weren't paying much attention to stuff related to snowsports. In general Vail Resorts want people to get their passes before October, long before it's clear which region is going to have a good winter.

The Colorado offer is for 4th and 5th graders. Need to have the following to register:
  • A good "Passport" worthy photo of your child.
  • A document like a previous year's report card, school schedule, or anything that would prove your child is in 5th or 6th grade. If your child is a 5th grader and received a Passport brochure from his/her teacher at school this has a unique registration code that can be used as well.

captain_hug99

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
You are right, I was definitely one of those Divas not thinking about snow in June. LOL I'm glad you posted it then and I hope someone got some good out of it!

CarverJill

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think Vermont and or Idaho have something as well, I remember hearing some mention of it when I lived there.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I think Vermont and or Idaho have something as well, I remember hearing some mention of it when I lived there.

Yes, Vermont has a Passport Program for fifth graders, which provides up to 88 days of skiing and riding at Vermont’s alpine and cross country resorts. There's a $10. processing fee for this, but that's it. Passport holders receive a booklet containing coupons for free alpine lift tickets or cross-country trail passes at each resort. (You’ll get three coupons for alpine resorts, and either one or three coupons for Nordic centers, depending on the resort). The Passport holders need to be accompanied by a ticket or pass holding adult and each adult may bring up to two Passport holders. There are no residency requirements for the passport.

echo_VT

Angel Diva
this is a great resource. i have not used this for the little one b/c she's in 2nd grade and she'll likely be in race development. but if we go elsewhere, this would be nice to know (well maybe when she's in 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th grade)...

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
I don't think anyone mentioned NY? The ISkiNY pass offers 4th and 5th graders 2 options:

Ski/Ride Passport, which includes 3 free lift tickets at participating mountains with an adult, please see details in the link below. There are about 30 mountains, some with blackout dates.

Learn to Ski/Ride Passport, offers 1 lift ticket and 1 lesson at participating mountains. An adult lift ticket is not required. Please see link below for details. Some mountains also have blackout dates.

More info can be found here:
https://www.iskiny.com/ski-deals/free-kids-passport

marzNC

Angel Diva
Angel Fire in NM has free skiing for 5th graders. Also offering a $99 pass for K-12 teachers, with no blackout dates so it can be used during school holidays.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wintergreen in VA has created the snowLICENSE (R)--yes, they have a registered trademark for it-- for 5th and 6th graders in VA and surrounding states (DC, MD, NC, WV). Can ski up to 3 times for free after paying a $15 fee but there are caveats so read the details. Pretty big discounts on rentals and lessons too.

Screen Shot 2018-11-10 at 8.32.17 AM.png

badger

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All the resorts that James Coleman owns offer free season passes to any student fifth/fourth grade and lower. Lots of new snowriders out there enjoying the experience!

marzNC

Angel Diva
:bump: for those who haven't completely moved on to non-snow sports who may have kids who qualify for 2019-20. My guess is that most of the programs will be the same next season.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna