• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

pants by body type- brand suggestions?

sorcamc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have been seeing some really cute ski pants this year...in fact Lindsey Vonn just posted some pics and I love her pants. Led me to ask, what are these skinny legged pants? Also, why are some ski pants SO narrow in the hips? HH fit me SO poorly. I think Norwegian women must have narrow hips. What pants are good for a relatively thin, but curvy person? Would love a High rise pant with a skinny leg, but room in the butt and thighs (possibly even a little stretch) any recommendations?

chasinghorizons

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Saw she tagged Neiman Marcus in her post. Surprisingly, Neiman Marcus does indeed sell ski pants. For just over $1000, you too can have pants like Lindsey Vonn's! :thumbsup:

Edit: I take it back, apparently she has her own clothes line with Head. $390.

Last edited:

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Snoga/Apex pants from North Face have 4 way stretch - you will probably need to size up a couple of sizes for curves as they are not cut super generously, but the stretchy fabric should keep the leg quite skinny. I'm not sure if they're discontinued now though - stock in stores here tends to linger for several seasons.

KWlovessnow

Angel Diva
I have a booty and Mountain Hardware pants fit me really well. The waist hits at my belly button and they have enough cut to fit my bottom without having a waist gap. The legs are not super fitted, but also not overly baggy.

I also have the carbide bibs from Outdoor research, and they fit pretty well, but are a tad tighter around my bottom.

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I've been very happy with my Land's End ski pants; they fit well in the hips, and also have side tabs to adjust the waistband. And if you wait until they have one of their 60%-off sales, you can get them at a really great price -- I think I got mine for around $55 last yr.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Help! Any ski pant recommendations for someone, clearly not me, with the following build?
-5'3" so needs petite length
-bird legs and narrow hips
-carries weight in their waist

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
Help! Any ski pant recommendations for someone, clearly not me, with the following build?
Check out Lands End. Their pants are insulated, have adjustable waists, and come in different lengths, as well as petite, regular, and plus sizes. I've been wearing them for about 5 yrs now. I'm 5'0 and 113 lbs, and I'm wearing a Small now, but I also have a Medium. They also have a bib, but I don't wear bibs. Search for women's ski pants.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm 5'1 and have had pretty good luck with Patagonia Snowbelle kids pants in an XXL (I think that translates to a kids 16). Bonus: They cost less than their adult versions. I have two pair and actually had to have them hemmed -- they come long. But other than that, they're good. I have a pair of kids pants from Sunice, too. If she wants to stick with petites, she could try Obermeyer, since they offer petite lengths.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Check out Lands End. Their pants are insulated, have adjustable waists, and come in different lengths, as well as petite, regular, and plus sizes. I've been wearing them for about 5 yrs now. I'm 5'0 and 113 lbs, and I'm wearing a Small now, but I also have a Medium. They also have a bib, but I don't wear bibs. Search for women's ski pants.
I had already taken a look and saw some reviews that indicated the waist runs small. I am looking for a review that says the waist runs way too large and the leg too narrow....similar to when I am shopping for myself or my daughter and people complain sleeves on a top are ridiculously long, I pounce and order, lol.

She is built wider at the waist than the hip, but then has teeny legs. Significant fit challenge! I wonder if a men's small short may be a possibility since there is less differential between waist/hip in men's. Hmmmmm.....

lisamamot

Angel Diva
I'm 5'1 and have had pretty good luck with Patagonia Snowbelle kids pants in an XXL (I think that translates to a kids 16). Bonus: They cost less than their adult versions. I have two pair and actually had to have them hemmed -- they come long. But other than that, they're good. I have a pair of kids pants from Sunice, too. If she wants to stick with petites, she could try Obermeyer, since they offer petite lengths.
Yes, I thought of that, but you have a teeny waist to go along with the tiny rest of you!

Eera

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've been getting previews of the new Mila pants from Nobody's Princess, which are designed for people with less waist definition (hands up, that's me - good old shaped-like-a-brick), and will also come in a short length. Maria comes along periodically and might have some news on production time

TNtoTaos

Angel Diva
I had already taken a look and saw some reviews that indicated the waist runs small. I am looking for a review that says the waist runs way too large and the leg too narrow....similar to when I am shopping for myself or my daughter and people complain sleeves on a top are ridiculously long, I pounce and order, lol.

She is built wider at the waist than the hip, but then has teeny legs. Significant fit challenge! I wonder if a men's small short may be a possibility since there is less differential between waist/hip in men's. Hmmmmm.....
That's a good idea -- the hip/waist difference on men's pants are usually pretty small, and legs are narrower. Definitely should try that.

jthree

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I will let you know... I just bought a bunch of petite/short pants from REI (most were on Black Friday sale) and going to see what fits best.

I'm jealous of @ski diva ... although I'm kid size in height (5' 0"), I'm pear shaped/curvy and so the straighter silhouette of kid's sizing just doesn't work for me. I can wear kids' t-shirts but that's about it.

MissySki

Angel Diva

I can’t speak for all men’s pants.. but I have a men’s HH small that fits me exactly the same as my women’s small ski pants from Northface. I was very surprised as I do have a butt/thighs that make many women’s small pants a no go for me but mediums are too big on my waist. So I thought men’s could be trouble.. But they fit me perfect. They are the yellow ones I got from Polly to go with her beautiful purple Arcteryx shell as well last season, but didn’t get to wear when my season was cut short.

How about LL Bean? I always feel like their stuff runs large in the waist and short in legs/arms in general.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
How about LL Bean? I always feel like their stuff runs large in the waist and short in legs/arms in general.
Yeah, I already checked the LL Bean women's ski pant reviews. Several say the LL Bean run wide in the leg, which would work for me, but not for her little stick legs, lol! Eddie Bauer also carries a petite so looking into that as well.

We all have our fit issues, right?

boodles7

Certified Ski Diva
I'm waiting for some Montec ones to arrive. Adjustable waist and they say they run a little slimmer in legs but we shall see.

elemmac

Angel Diva
With your description, I would try men's as well. Northface, Flylow and Mountain Hardwear all make some of their styles in "short".

Next suggestion is go with bibs...in my opinion, the fit doesn't matter as much as it does with normal pants.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Burton and Flylow both come in short lengths, and both have bibs. I find Burton runs slim in the legs, with the exception of the Fly pants.

Peppermint

Angel Diva
I have pants from Strafe and they are close fitting and high waisted so you may want to check them out. I absolutely love them. They are pricey but I got them on sale.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna