• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ouch!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had a bad day anyway. I just gave myself 1st and 2nd degree burns on my palm and 2 fingers trying to cook dinner. OUCH!

Just needed to whine a little. Headed to Walgreens for gauze as advised by the nurse momentarily. Still hungry.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry you're having a tough day. Treat yourself to some take out!

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A few years back, I dumped boiling water over the back of my right hand, resulting in 2nd degree burn. I found that wrapping several layers of wet gauze loosely around my hand helped tremendously to keep the pain down.

NannyMin

Banned
Ouch! I'm sorry you are having a tough day. :( I vote for forgetting dinner and going straight for some wine and chocolate! :hug:

Make sure you get the gauze that doesn't stick to the wound.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OMG, I'm so sorry!!! Take it easy! :hug:

I may be skiing poleless this weekend. Thanks for the sympathy Divas.

Well...Poleless is better than TOPLESS! :D

Feel better! Call if you need anything! I'm so sorry you're hurting! :(

Skimom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bet I know which Walgreens you went to!:laugh: You could have stopped at Whole Foods for some delicious grub!

A couple weeks ago DD was helping me chop veggies with my new cutco knife and needed 4 stitches in her finger. I felt very bad!

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The pint of Ben & Jerry's is serving as both ice and food right now. And they are so freakin rude at that Walgreens the last time I was there was after toe surgery and they were just as rude.

Skimom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I agree about the rudeness...I'm hoping they will get a new staff when they move! They've let that store go way down. Luckily I don't have to go there often!

Get better soon.

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ouch!!! :Cry:

But, hooray for Ben & Jerrys!!:yahoo:

Daria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A great treatment I found several years ago when the only thing open was the liquor store (it was late on Thanksgiving day) was mint toothpaste. The menthol really helped to relieve the burn. Good luch and heal fast!

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Owie, Robyn!

I've had really good luck decreasing the severity of burns by immediately sticking my hand under cool (NOT cold) running water. I was skeptical the first time I tried it, but it really does help. I think the theory is that it helps transfer the heat out of the cells before it can do any more damage. I accidentally touched my knuckle to the element of my (heated up) toaster oven yesterday, immediately stuck it under some water, and it doesn't hurt at all. There's a little scabby area where the burn is, but it's totally painless. I've managed to avoid some pretty nasty burns with this trick.

Oh, and I think Walgreens in general blows. I haven't been to that particular one, but the Stapleton one and the one on Quebec and Leetsdale aren't so great either. The Stapleton one had a 4 hour wait last month when I tried to fill DS's prescription for his ear infection. I said no thanks and went to King Soopers where they filled it in less than 10 minutes!

Hope your hand is feeling better soon, Robyn! Ben & Jerry's is a miracle drug!

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh Robyn, that sucks! Food is a cruel mistress. It's gotten me with second and third degree burns. If you've still got skin, aloe and lidocaine help lots! Do you have exposed dermis? You'd likely get silver sulfadiazine. It's great stuff. I hope you heal up quickly and fully, and get some yummy stuff from Whole Foods' hot bar in the meantime!

About Walgreens, I dunno about in the rest of the country, but around here they're on point. Might be related to them being from here, though.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks everyone. Per the nurse on the ask-a-nurse line last night I am seeing my doctor later this morning. Actually, he's not scheduled to work today but was coming in to do paperwork and decided he wanted to see me himself rather than have an associate see me. I love my doc!

Because some of the blistering is right at the base of my middle finger and will be irritated by daily life I want him to look and tell me what I need to do/watch for. At this point, when it's wrapped it doesn't hurt too bad.

Jenny

Angel Diva
The pint of Ben & Jerry's is serving as both ice and food right now. And they are so freakin rude at that Walgreens the last time I was there was after toe surgery and they were just as rude.

Excellent remedy to both problems!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I may be skiing poleless this weekend. Thanks for the sympathy Divas.
Need Terry's big mitten?
n525685514_2637511_1881.jpg

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
So sorry to read about this, Robyn! Ow, burns hurt Big Time. Hope you got some good medical advice and are feeling better soon!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna