• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Orange ski pants =)

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For my entire life, I have only ever owned black ski pants. Black can't clash with anything. It's easy. It's safe.

A few weeks ago (and I totally blame kimmyt for this), I bought my first ever pair of "look at me!" ski pants. I call them burnt orange; Burton calls the color "Bitters." They are actually men's snowboard pants, but they fit me really well (I assume they are designed to hang halfway down a guy's butt, but on me they have a more classic fit), and I love the material - it's just a little rough and stretchy.

In the picture, they show a male figure with the pants all bunched up on the bottom of the leg - for me, they fit more or less like a good pair of jeans.

https://www.burton.com/mens-pants-cargo-pant/253787,default,pd.html?start=25&cgid=mens-pants

The pants are really well designed, with excellent pockets. There's even a snap so that you can button the bottoms of your pant leg up when you're not on the snow.

2012Brtn_PDP_FS_BG

Now I just have to figure out why everyone thinks my brown ski jacket is green. I honestly see it as brown, but in a random sampling of people I accosted on the hill - everyone said it was green. *puzzled*

mustski

Angel Diva
I took my first "non-black" risk this season also and went for turquoise pants! I am excited. Trying men's pants never occurred to me though. I will have to try that. I am always jealous of all their pockets.

vetski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had a bright orange jacket last season. I figured it would be convenient to be easily spotted by Ski Patrol in the event of a mishap. :laugh:
This season I have much more muted colors. I draw enough attention to myself without my clothes doing it for me. :bag:

bounceswoosh

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I took my first "non-black" risk this season also and went for turquoise pants! I am excited. Trying men's pants never occurred to me though. I will have to try that. I am always jealous of all their pockets.

For me, a lot of women's pants are just too small unless they're XL, and even then the fit might not be right. These are men's mediums; they fit me snugly around the waist, and comfortably everywhere else.

josiegroper

Certified Ski Diva
Those look really cool!

I haven't had the nerve to get anything other than black to put on my butt! I do have the brightest purple coat in the world though, we call it the 'purple marshmallow' as it is pretty puffy too! That is as brave as I will ever get!

Heddious

Certified Ski Diva
nice pants!

I have orange pants too, although they're getting a bit pale after 120+ days in last years very sunny alps.
don't think I've worn anything black on the slopes (except for a helmet and gloves ) since I was old enough to choose my skiwear on my own.
right now I have a sky blue helmet, white goggles, deep (but not dark) purple jacket and orange or sky blue pants. plus orange gloves and a very faded backpack. it used to be black but now it's grey/brown-ish.
dunno if it might be a scandi thing, we tend to look like a tall, helmet wearing fruit salad when placed next to the black/red/white/grey clad people from the alps. or maybe it's a 20-something freeskier thing.

love it though, makes my life easier when people dress brightly considering I'm a hobby photographer trying to get more serious.

TeleChica

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For me, a lot of women's pants are just too small unless they're XL, and even then the fit might not be right. These are men's mediums; they fit me snugly around the waist, and comfortably everywhere else.

A woman I can relate to! Getting the right fit in women's clothes can be maddening.

Love the orange--rock it!

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
Orange is my favorite color - I have orange pants and an orange jacket, though I've never worn them together. Now if I could find orange mittens...

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
My husband has orange pants. They're more of a safety orange than yours, so really bright. Makes it easy to spot him, though. :smile:

snow addict

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Love the colour! I went "scandi" this season after years of black and white stuff. Got an orange shell and bright blue pants.

carrieme

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not sure how I missed this thread! It's been what I'm looking for :smile:

I've been helping a snowboarding friend look for bright orange snowboarding pants in XS with cargo pockets (who knows what she plans to stuff in there, haha). She's particular about finding something that matches the criteria she's looking for since she's willing to drop full price money on them.

Mens will run too big and Kids are usually either too short and/or do not have the cargo pockets she wants.

Hope some divas can share some thoughts on what else is out there!

altagirl

Staff member
After being told that despite my pink jacket, I "blend in and am hard to spot" on the slopes... I went and bought some bright blue Eider ski pants instead of the old navy ones I was wearing. :smile: I can't fit in their women's models, but the mens ones fit great.
Here's my new outfit. My husband called my color combination "interesting". Whatever - I like it. Heh, I have blue and pink yoga mats and it was the color scheme for my mountain bike race team too, so maybe it's just good associations for me.

SN7125_tika.jpg

EIV1697_5714.jpg

And Eider makes some orange women's pants with cargo pockets too: https://www.eider.com/en/products/fall-winter-2011-2012/womens-trousers/crestedbutte-pant-w-weave

goodcat

Certified Ski Diva
funny you should mention turquoise...

I just got volcom snow pants in "peacock," which is really a dark turquoise. I bought them because they were available in my length (I am 5'1"), but strangely enough I really like them. I did not go all out and get the jacket in the same color (I am using my old black patagonia) -- I don't have that much nerve!

litterbug

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I adore the orange pants! My jacket is various shades of green, and I think the orange pants would look great with them! And who am I kidding if I think that black ski pants are actually "slimming"? :ROTF:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga