• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Opinions on the Ski Salt Lake Super Pass

mwendell

Certified Ski Diva
Hi Divas. DH and I have been tossing around the idea of going to Utah for some skiing later this season. A friend passed along the link to the Ski Salt Lake Super Pass (https://www.visitsaltlake.com/ski/superpass/). Basically, you can buy from 1-6 days of skiing, for use during a 7 day period, and at any of the following 4 mountains in the SLC area: Alta, Brighton, Snowbird, Solitude. The pass also includes free round trip transportation (from SLC to ski mountain) on the UTA bus/rail system. The cost for a 1 day pass is $64, and each additional day represents additional savings (ie, 2nd day is less than $64, 3rd day is less than the 2nd, etc.).

I am relatively new skier -- level 4/5, but progressing! -- and DH is an advanced skier. Do you think that 1 - this is a good deal, and 2 -- it would be good for us as pretty disparate level skiers?

Would love some feedback, and wondering if any other divas have purchased this pass before.

Thanks!!
MW :smile:

PS - I hope this is the right place to post this question.

nimbus

Certified Ski Diva
Hello! Sure, this is a fine place to post your question. :smile: SLC has been my destination of choice for skiing for several years now. I love the Super Pass. As you noted, you get a discounted lift ticket rate, but having the bus pass thrown in is a great thing, too. It's nice to park and ride: sit back, relax, and let someone else drive the mountain roads, especially if you don't have chains or a 4WD vehicle.

As to the disparity in your skiing levels, IMO you can find plenty of terrain to keep you both happy, with the possible exception of Snowbird. DH will probably love it, but there's not a lot there for lower intermediates (like me when I went there). With the Super Pass, you and DH could even do separate resorts if you wanted to. You'll love the skiing in Utah. :clap:

ritag

Certified Ski Diva
We used the Salt Lake Super Pass when we were there 3 years ago. Staid in SLC and would not have wanted to drive up to the areas and back every day. Also worked nice not to have to decide on one area to ski.

mwendell

Certified Ski Diva
Thanks for the responses. Neither of us have ever skied anywhere but in NE, so really looking forward to Utah.

When you ride the UTA bus, how do you bring your skis/gear with you? Do they have storage underneath for all of that stuff?

ritag

Certified Ski Diva
The bus only ok. You either take everything with you inside or sometimes there are racks on the outside to put skis in.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Alta is my favorite for any level. Much better now with high speed lift compared to the old slow lifts. Note that Alta is for skiers only. You can ski the green lift for free after 3:30pm. My 10yo has a great time on the blues and sometimes an easy black.

Also can ski free at PCMR/Canyons on the day of arrival with a boarding pass. But have to print the coupon before leaving home.

If you decide to rent an SUV, the prices at Canyon sports are quite good. Can be less than a SuperPass depending on where you ski. There are several locations.

Heading out to SLC in early Feb. So have been looking at lift ticket prices lately.

From what I've read and heard, any of the SLC areas have plenty to keep intermediates and advanced skiers happy. I had a good time at Snowbird and Brighton/Solitude as an intermediate a while back.

Have fun!

skithesierras

Angel Diva
I've only skied there once, but we're going back again next month:yahoo:. We got our discount tickets at Utah Ski & Golf:

https://www.utahskigolf.com/content/?page=grid

Which seems to be comparable to or slightly better than the Pass prices depending on where you ski. We rented an SUV though, and didn't ride the bus. So can't help you there! But thought I'd throw out the discount tickets link.

mwendell

Certified Ski Diva
Oops, forget for a while to check back in on this thread.

Thanks for the info on the mountains, the bus, and other options for discount tickets. I have heard so many great things about Alta, I am really looking forward to skiing out west. We'll see if it is in the cards this year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna