• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Opening Dates '21/'22

marzNC

Angel Diva
I think the following opening dates should hold. Brighton opening tomorrow was a bit of a surprise, but they typically don't project more than a day or two in advance. Also wasn't expecting Copper to open today. Snowbird is opting to not have any slopes open during Thanksgiving week.

**Nov 20: Winter Park, CO
**Nov 22: Copper, CO
***Nov. 23 Brighton, UT; Boyne
***Nov 23: Solitude, UT - delayed from 19Nov as of 16Nov
Nov 24: Grand Targhee, WY (MCP) - delayed from 19Nov as of 18Nov
***Nov 24: Alta, UT - delayed from 20Nov as of 18Nov
*Nov 24: Snowbasin, UT
**Nov 24: Sugarbush, VT
***Nov 24: Stratton, VT
**Nov 24: Snowshoe, WV

*Nov 25: Sun Valley, ID
***Nov 25: Jackson Hole, WY
***Nov 25: Snowmass, CO
*Nov 25: Telluride, CO
***Nov 25: Taos, NM
Nov 25: Wolf Creek, CO - open for Thanksgiving and weekends in Nov
Nov 25: Lutsen, MN (Indy) - open Nov 25-28, Dec 3-5, daily starting Dec 10
Nov 26: Mt. Bachelor, OR
Nov 26: Whiteface, NY
Nov 26: Gore, NY
Nov 26: Jay Peak, VT
**Nov 27: Steamboat, CO - delayed from Nov 20
**Nov 27: Stratton, VT
***Dec 1: Snowbird, UT

MissySki

Angel Diva
Loon says they’re opening Friday.

Wachusett says they’re still 50/50 for Friday, but they do expect more favorable snowmaking temps after that as well even if they can’t make it.

marzNC

Angel Diva
The Epic resorts in the midwest have opening dates on their VR-standard websites. Hadn't look at those before. Mostly because destination resorts in the U.S. like Park City and Hunter that delayed from Nov. 19 as announced back in late August still don't have a tentative opening date posted.

Afton Alps opens Nov. 24. Wilmot and Mt. Brighton are planning on Dec. 3.

Iwannaski

Angel Diva
East Coasters: literally, two weeks ago looked like NO WAY for snow to be blown. Most places are opening this week after about a week of nonstop blowing. I’m guessing if you’re anemic, you’re a week behind us?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Bretton Woods announced this morning that it will open 9:00 am on Friday.
Cannon opens Dec. 1.

I actually skied with some guys from Cannon last Sunday at Sunday River. They graciously let me join them in line as a single when I walked up to a very long line (and they were close to the front!) a few minutes after lifts started spinning. They came up for the day since Cannon wasn’t open yet. We skied a run and ended up at the lift again so rode up together, then I found the divas and said my goodbyes. Really nice folks though, an older man and his almost son in law.

ilovepugs

Angel Diva
Wow! Stowe is opening on Friday, a day that is blacked out on the Epic Local pass. I’m seeing some blowback on Instagram about this. I understand that the Epic Local blackout days are known in advance, but I kind of agree… it stinks to be a “local” and not have access on opening day.

I live in Vermont due to the proximity to skiing (trade low wages and high COL for access to nature) and I believe many other people make the same trade off. The weekend after Thanksgiving was not blacked out a few years ago, but it appears they’ve changed the policy.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Finally found news about possible opening dates for Northstar and Heavenly. Apparently last Friday statements were made that they wouldn't open for Thanksgiving weekend. Sugar Bowl announced today that they won't open this week. When there isn't snow and/or cold, there isn't much that can be done until Mother Nature shifts gears.

November 19, 2021
Two popular Tahoe ski resorts delay openings further, as weather stays a bit too warm

MissySki

Angel Diva
Wow! Stowe is opening on Friday, a day that is blacked out on the Epic Local pass. I’m seeing some blowback on Instagram about this. I understand that the Epic Local blackout days are known in advance, but I kind of agree… it stinks to be a “local” and not have access on opening day.

I live in Vermont due to the proximity to skiing (trade low wages and high COL for access to nature) and I believe many other people make the same trade off. The weekend after Thanksgiving was not blacked out a few years ago, but it appears they’ve changed the policy.

Eek, I'd be pissed for sure. But local or not, folks sign up for the blackout pass agreeing to those limits to being on the mountain. Kind of like if people buy a midweek pass and opening is on a weekend etc. Stinks, but unsure how one can really complain to them on social media even if it is surely disappointing to fall that way. I don't see that as an actual "local" issue regardless of the name of the pass, people don't have more of a right to be on the mountain because they live nearby.. :wink:

marzNC

Angel Diva
Apparently Park City is aiming to open the Canyons side on Nov. 28.

November 21, 2021

marzNC

Angel Diva
This article for Colorado was updated Nov. 22. Steamboat is going for Nov. 27 and Telluride is waiting until Dec. 3. No tentative date for Beaver Creek yet. In recent years, my sense is that it hasn't been that unusual to have few resorts open by Thanksgiving weekends. I didn't pay much attention to Colorado for early season until recently since I wasn't interested in going out west in December.

Updated Nov. 22, 2021
" . . .
Here’s a list of resorts that are scheduled to open soon: [as of Nov. 17]

• Beaver Creek: Nov. 24 [delayed]
  • Copper Mountain: Nov. 22
  • Crested Butte: Nov. 24
  • Eldora: Nov. 19
  • Winter Park: Nov. 17
Here’s a list of resorts that are already open: [as of Nov. 17]
  • Arapahoe Basin: Oct. 17
  • Breckenridge: Nov. 12
  • Keystone: Oct. 22
  • Loveland: Oct. 30
  • Vail: Nov. 12
  • Wolf Creek: Oct. 16
"

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's the official announcement for Loon. Check out Twitter or Facebook for a video clip of drone footage that shows the snow guns blazing.

Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 10.52.22 PM.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Here's my list of opening dates as of Nov. 24. Still waiting to see what happens at Hunter, Northstar, and Heavenly. The list only reflects my curiosity, which stems from a variety of interests and friendships. My primary sources are resort websites.

These days, Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter can be the better sources for the latest info. Opening dates are always subject to change based on Mother Nature. Even dates in for early December announced more than a few weeks in advance sometimes can't be met.

**Nov 20: Winter Park, CO
**Nov 22: Copper, CO
***Nov. 23 Brighton, UT; Boyne
***Nov 23: Solitude, UT - delayed from 19Nov as of 16Nov
Nov 24: Grand Targhee, WY (MCP) - delayed from 19Nov as of 18Nov
***Nov 24: Alta, UT - delayed from 20Nov as of 18Nov
*Nov 24: Snowbasin, UT
**Nov 24: Sugarbush, VT
***Nov 24: Stratton, VT
*Nov 24: Afton Alps, MN - delayed from 19Nov as of 15Nov
**Nov 24: Snowshoe, WV

*Nov 25: Sun Valley, ID
***Nov 25: Jackson Hole, WY
***Nov 25: Snowmass, CO
*Nov 25: Telluride, CO
Nov 25: Wolf Creek, CO - open for Thanksgiving and weekends in Nov
***Nov 25: Taos, NM
Nov 25: Lutsen, MN (Indy) - open Nov 25-28, Dec 3-5, daily starting Dec 10
***Nov 26: Mt. Bachelor, OR
Nov 26: Whiteface, NY
Nov 26: Jay Peak, VT
*Nov 26: Stowe, VT - delayed from 19Nov as of 15Nov, announced 23Nov
Nov 26: Bretton Woods, NH - announced Nov 23
***Nov 26: Loon, NH
**Nov 27: Steamboat, CO - delayed from Nov 20
Nov 27: Gore, NY
Nov 27: Belleayre, NY
**Nov 27: Stratton, VT
Nov 27: Wachusett, MA - announced Nov 24
*Nov 28: Park City, UT - delayed from 19Nov as of 12Nov, Canyons only to start with

MissySki

Angel Diva
Jiminy Peak announced they will open Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Gore announced opening for Friday.
Okemo to open Friday (though I haven't verified that from where I saw it).
Also a report that Sunapee is trying for Friday and blowing top to bottom currently.

marzNC

Angel Diva
VR has announced opening dates for Epic locations in PA. Mostly Dec. 17 except Jack Frost opens Dec. 3.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Oh yes - Alta/Deer Valley/Sundance; Telluride; Sunapee/Okemo; Kicking Horse

The Pyrenees are lower & warmer - the snow is certainly rather heavier and usually less powdery, but with quite good food/culture. Fly into Toulouse or Barcelona :-)
I see. We were thinking about buying a property if the skiing is excellent there. Thanks

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna