• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Online bought skis and bindings mounted wrong

Zao87

Diva in Training
Help!
I bought a pair of Nordica Santa Ana 88 from ski-Conrad.com as I’m based on Singapore and ski only in Japan. Although I gave the correct ski boot length during the ordering process, when I received the skis I found that the binding is mounted too far apart in the ski that there’s a big gap between th boot and the binding. I am currently awaiting reply from the online shop but I just want to educate myself if this is fixable (by a ski rental shop in Japan near a ski resort) or I have to now get a brand new pair of skis with bindings mounted correctly. Thanks in advance.F314915F-305D-4846-831E-75BDC50E2E80.jpeg

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bindings can be remounted so you should not need new skis, however you could lose a day of skiing by having to take them into the store in Japan as they would need to redrill them.

Also if those are the Warden MNC 11 and they've kept the design similar to previous iterations, there should be a tab that lifts up on the heel piece and allows you to slide it forward slightly. I don't know if it will come forward enough to fit your boots as it looks like they've been mounted for a significantly longer BSL, and even if it does you should still get the bindings checked by the shop. It will also put you forward on the ski from the recommended mount point which may affect your skiing.

MissySki

Angel Diva
It looks like the back piece is adjustable on the rail, so it shouldn’t be difficult of a fix. Just need to ensure you will still be at the right mounting point for your boot though. I can’t see where the mounting line is on your boot, is it on the other side from the picture? Either way, you should have a shop test the release and ensure your din is set correctly since this was not completed correctly from where you purchased it.. and the place you bought it from should reimburse you for any incurred costs at the least for the inconvenience. And more if it were to need to be remounted imo.

Jilly

Staff member
Can you post a picture of the binding closed and the boot? Need to see how much needs to fixed.
@scandium, I think that's the Atomic version of the Warden.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Based on where the center line, visible in your photo, of the ski is relative to the middle of the boot, and the fact that the back piece slides open and closed more, I suspect that it was just slid open for whomever will bw the one to adjust it to your specific boot. As suggested above, have a pro do so, but in the mean, also as suggested above, look up the instructions for how to slide and adjust the heel piece and check to be sure that it will indeed work out.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
^^^ I think they were just ensuring that the buyer goes to a shop to make sure the bindings are set correctly for their boot, din, forward pressure, etc. I knew the warden had a longer range for the heel piece than most non system bindings, but just looked it up and it says a 32 mm adjustment range, or 4 US sizes. It looks like they slid it back a lot so there was no way you could ski with it before getting it adjusted properly. A good idea, but at the same time they should have told you the skis would come like this so you wouldn't be suprised. But your boots look new too. If you bought them at the same time from the same shop, they should have asked for your stats and had everything ready to ski. If that is the case, I would ask for reimbursement for whatever you are charged to to get them adjusted.

MissySki

Angel Diva
^^^ I think they were just ensuring that the buyer goes to a shop to make sure the bindings are set correctly for their boot, din, forward pressure, etc. I knew the warden had a longer range for the heel piece than most non system bindings, but just looked it up and it says a 32 mm adjustment range, or 4 US sizes. It looks like they slid it back a lot so there was no way you could ski with it before getting it adjusted properly. A good idea, but at the same time they should have told you the skis would come like this so you wouldn't be suprised. But your boots look new too. If you bought them at the same time from the same shop, they should have asked for your stats and had everything ready to ski. If that is the case, I would ask for reimbursement for whatever you are charged to to get them adjusted.
Good points, I’ve never had bindings mounted when buying skis online.. is that the normal procedure? I guess that does make sense, but it should be spelled out to the customer so they understand next steps when they receive the skis. :doh:

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Can you post a picture of the binding closed and the boot? Need to see how much needs to fixed.
@scandium, I think that's the Atomic version of the Warden.
Yes - sorry should have clarified I have an earlier year model (2020 I think?) of the Atomic Warden MNC 11 and it's got a fair amount of adjustability in the heel, so was wondering whether it was just slid back vs incorrectly mounted

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna