• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Okemo Women's Alpine Adventure (WAA)

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was able to participate in WAA for the first time since COVID last week! I had a great time and learned a lot but was a little disappointed in some of the changes. I think the biggest one is it’s really more just two days of lessons now. Much less emphasis on what you might call “bonding/ encouragement/ inspiration” as a group which I used to enjoy a lot. There used to be catered breakfasts/ meals during which the instructors would recognize return students and long time instructors and such. Now it was just meeting directly on snow and getting sorted into groups. They did provide some lunch vouchers which I don’t recall they had before. There was a lot of movement between groups too so I felt I didnt have as much time to get to know the group. But I did have a pretty small group and got lots of personal coaching which was nice. And I met two other ladies who invited me
To join them for dinner and drinks which was so nice of them. Looking forward to doing it again next year. Hopefully can convince some friends to come and split lodging at the base. I stayed in chester 25 min away which was alright but would have preferred to be closer to Okemo

Tvan

Angel Diva
Thanks for posting about your experience. You confirmed what I’ve heard from others about the changes to the program. The five day was so much fun… like summer camp for women on skis with all the accompanying social activities.

I’m glad you had some great instruction and time on snow!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Did you have an opportunity to give feedback on the program? It could be good to let them know that you miss the old format with more social aspects.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I should. I think they did send an email. One of the participants said okemo was trying to shut the program down. I hope folks continue to go so they don’t cancel it!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna