• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Nordica vs Stockli vs ??

araxie

Diva in Training
Long time lurker, first time poster!

I have a pair of Nordica Santa Ana 93s as my daily drivers that are absolutely beat. I loved those skis with all my heart, but lately they just don't have the same pop they used to have. I'm not convinced that the new redesign is something I'm going to like so I'm weighing my options. I'm hoping to try out the redesigned ski (and the Enforcer) this weekend at a demo, but also was looking at the Stockli Nela. The problem is that I can't find anyone in the area that might have that ski (or any Stockli) to demo, although it looks like Stockli will have a demo at Mt Snow in a few weeks. I wanted to reach out to the Divas to see you all had any suggestions on those skis, or if there is anything else I should consider!

More about me: 5' 3" 140#, ex-collegiate racer who still competes on the master's circuit in New England in super-g, giant slalom, and slalom. I probably spend about 20% of my time on my race skis (Atomic Redster FIS), and then when I'm out west, I'm mostly in the bumps and trees and have a pair of Atomic Bent 100s for that. The remaining 70ish% of my time I just like to rip turns on icy/firm groomers, and maybe jump into the occasional tree run depending on conditions. So not necessarily looking for a one-ski quiver, but something that carves well and can cut through the crud if needed.

I've liked the Kenjas in the past (maybe like 10-15 years ago now), always was sort of meh about my Auras (I think they are 12 years old), and really don't care for the Atomic Maven (too chattery at speed). I think my current Santa Anas are the 2021 model (but might be 2020). I'm also considering just trying to track down an older new pair of those as well. My shop currently sells Atomic, Nordica, Head, Stockli, Volkl, and Blizzard.

Related, has anyone tried the Tyrolia Protector bindings yet? Recently had my second ACL replacement, so looking at ways to minimize risk of injury again.

Thanks Divas!

mustski

Angel Diva
I skied the protectors on a pair of Demo Head Total Joy. It's easy to click in an out of and the delta angle felt pretty neutral. That's the extent of my binding expertise ... @SnowHot ? They are getting great feedback over on skitalk. https://www.skitalk.com/ams/tyrolia-protector-series-of-bindings.220/

As for the 2024 Kenja (Secret 88 for 2025) it is a whole new ski compared to the older models and much more nimble and responsive than either the previous models or the hummingbird Auras. The Kenjas certainly fit the bill - charge on groomers and cut through crud like it doesn't exist.

There is a new model of Santa Ana 93 out for 2025, but I haven't tried them. They are on my demo list for sure.

As for the Nela line ... with your race background you may prefer something in Stockli's Montero line.

I think @MissySki demoed some of the new Stocklis recently.

araxie

Diva in Training
Thanks for the feedback! I'm thinking maybe the Monteros too.

I tried the new Santa Ana this morning ... was extremely disappointed in the changes in the ski. I actually liked the Enforcer quite a bit but was a little hefty for me. The rep mentioned that the Euro "pro" version of the Santa Ana has two sheets of metal in it, but they only import about 5 pairs a year to the US, and I can't find anything online about it. Not sure if it's worth the wild goose chase to find out.

Amie H

Angel Diva
I bought the Stokli Nela 80s last year.

Of my skis, I would not say they are my favorite for carving/tight turns or on hardpack though they are good. I have some cheaper, shorter, narrower skis that are a little easier for me on really firm snow. That said, they are still easy to turn, I'd say a good all mountain ski for groomed snow or light powder.

I like to refer to them as like driving a Cadillac: wonderful dampening on funky crud, a smooth ride, nice in firm bumps because they pop well.

I struggled mightily with them yesterday in soft deep bumps, though that's not really my wheelhouse anyway, so may have been my technique or lack thereof! I did ski them in quite a bit of fresh powder last January - fresh tracks on a green/blue run with small rolling hills and they were delightful doing that.

I love how light they are when schlepping them from a parking lot or whatever. I do feel very stable at speed in them, and I'd say they are the skis I'm most comfortable ripping a groomer in - as in opening the throttle a little and going faster if the run is wide open. They 100% are my favorite skis to hit little jumps in - like accidental jumps due to bumps in the snow. I never get unnerved when that happens - I feel elated. I think that dampening makes the jump feel smooth and when I land it's not jarring. Quite a few of those yesterday and I had a blast!

My opinion is that these skis are a lovely choice for an everyday skier, whereas you have a more athletic background and it sounds like you ski more aggressively and in a wider variety of conditions. I'd try to demo and see what you think. I agree with @mustski - maybe the Montero or SC line would be a nice match for you, just based on what others here have said about them.

Last edited:

K.LoSki

Certified Ski Diva
Long time lurker, first time poster!

I have a pair of Nordica Santa Ana 93s as my daily drivers that are absolutely beat. I loved those skis with all my heart, but lately they just don't have the same pop they used to have. I'm not convinced that the new redesign is something I'm going to like so I'm weighing my options. I'm hoping to try out the redesigned ski (and the Enforcer) this weekend at a demo, but also was looking at the Stockli Nela. The problem is that I can't find anyone in the area that might have that ski (or any Stockli) to demo, although it looks like Stockli will have a demo at Mt Snow in a few weeks. I wanted to reach out to the Divas to see you all had any suggestions on those skis, or if there is anything else I should consider!

More about me: 5' 3" 140#, ex-collegiate racer who still competes on the master's circuit in New England in super-g, giant slalom, and slalom. I probably spend about 20% of my time on my race skis (Atomic Redster FIS), and then when I'm out west, I'm mostly in the bumps and trees and have a pair of Atomic Bent 100s for that. The remaining 70ish% of my time I just like to rip turns on icy/firm groomers, and maybe jump into the occasional tree run depending on conditions. So not necessarily looking for a one-ski quiver, but something that carves well and can cut through the crud if needed.

I've liked the Kenjas in the past (maybe like 10-15 years ago now), always was sort of meh about my Auras (I think they are 12 years old), and really don't care for the Atomic Maven (too chattery at speed). I think my current Santa Anas are the 2021 model (but might be 2020). I'm also considering just trying to track down an older new pair of those as well. My shop currently sells Atomic, Nordica, Head, Stockli, Volkl, and Blizzard.

Related, has anyone tried the Tyrolia Protector bindings yet? Recently had my second ACL replacement, so looking at ways to minimize risk of injury again.

Thanks Divas!
You can probably find the santa ana's from this year (not the 2025 redesign) starting to go on sale on different sites.

araxie

Diva in Training
I bought the Stokli Nela 80s last year.

Of my skis, I would not say they are my favorite for carving/tight turns or on hardpack though they are good. I have some cheaper, shorter, narrower skis that are a little easier for me on really firm snow. That said, they are still easy to turn, I'd say a good all mountain ski for groomed snow or light powder.

I like to refer to them as like driving a Cadillac: wonderful dampening on funky crud, a smooth ride, nice in firm bumps because they pop well.

I struggled mightily with them yesterday in soft deep bumps, though that's not really my wheelhouse anyway, so may have been my technique or lack thereof! I did ski them in quite a bit of fresh powder last January - fresh tracks on a green/blue run with small rolling hills and they were delightful doing that.

I love how light they are when schlepping them from a parking lot or whatever. I do feel very stable at speed in them, and I'd say they are the skis I'm most comfortable ripping a groomer in - as in opening the throttle a little and going faster if the run is wide open. They 100% are my favorite skis to hit little jumps in - like accidental jumps due to bumps in the snow. I never get unnerved when that happens - I feel elated. I think that dampening makes the jump feel smooth and when I land it's not jarring. Quite a few of those yesterday and I had a blast!

My opinion is that these skis are a lovely choice for an everyday skier, whereas you have a more athletic background and it sounds like you ski more aggressively and in a wider variety of conditions. I'd try to demo and see what you think. I agree with @mustski - maybe the Montero or SC line would be a nice match for you, just based on what others here have said about them.
Thank you for such a detailed review! This really helped. I have a feeling now it's just a question of which Montero (they are so many haha)

araxie

Diva in Training
You can probably find the santa ana's from this year (not the 2025 redesign) starting to go on sale on different sites.
That's an option too -- I know my shop can get them for me. I was pretty disappointed in how quickly the Santa Anas lost their camber, so I'm leaning towards the Stocklis just for better quality.

araxie

Diva in Training
Hve you tried the Secrets?
I have not! I've skied the Kenja way back in the day (probably back in 2011 now) and I really enjoyed them then, but I'm sure the ski is pretty different by now. I'll have to see if I can get on a pair

3beeches

Certified Ski Diva
Last year I demoed Santa Anas from the Boot Pro in Ludlow. I believe they had Nelas to demo. Not sure about fhis year.

SnowyO

Certified Ski Diva
Hey Araxie, check out my recent post Last week. Demoed the Nella 88 and Stormrider 88. I too agree you would really like the the Montero line. I’m on the Laser SC and Montero AX’s. Both are the best and ski them in all conditions. Leaning toward the SR88 or the AR’s to replace a pair of Brahmas. Interested in which ski catches your fancy. Best in turning to you☺️

Trailside Trixie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The last Kenja i truly loved was 2015 and 2016. I heard the 23s are back and closer to the older style so maybe find a used pair. I just bought a barely used '22 Santa Ana 93 for a great price. I've also just bought a stockli stormrider 85 motion as I love my older ones. I would say there's plenty of stock online for gently used skis so poke around and see what you find. I also love my Secret 96s, these skis hold an edge and a fun in soft stuff. Fairly light without being noodly. Perhaps a demo of these would be up your alley.

Verve

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Chiming in from Nela 96 land! Sounds like you’re most interested in their narrower option (montero or Nela 88) but maybe hop on the 96 if you get to demo. I’m an ice coast skier, too and find these to be pretty capable everywhere on the mountain - you might like them in some of the contexts where you currently reach for the Atomic Bents out west, too. They remind me a little of the Aura but less heavy. Before I was influenced by the Ski Diva forum to get a pair of Black Pearl 88s, these were my everything ski ;)

The Secret is the “improved” Aura as others have said :smile: Curious to see what you go with!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga