• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: Nordica Santa Ana 104 Free 179 cm Mount Point & Opinion

L

LucieCZ

Has anyone skied the Nordica Santa Ana 104 Free in 179 cm, mounted forward of the recommended mount line? These are a little on the big side for me and I'm thinking 1-2 cm forward would help these turn quicker in bumps.

I'm replacing my Volk Secret 92 170cm with these as my all-mountain skis, between my Hart Fusion F-17 Classic II 171 cm bump skis and Armada something something powder skis.

I hear it's a great all-mountain ski from so many people. My husband loves his Enforcer 104 Free 191cm, and he mounted those 3cm forward. But, I've never skied Nordica Santa Anas before. We moved from CA to UT, so going from Mammoth to Alta conditions.

Has anyone tried them in this length? I'm 5'9", 140 lb, fit but not burly, not pitbull aggressive but no one is ever waiting for me either, 80% off-piste / 10% bumps.

Thank you! Appreciate you opinions on the subject!

lisamamot

Angel Diva
Has anyone tried them in this length? I'm 5'9", 140 lb, fit but not burly, not pitbull aggressive but no one is ever waiting for me either, 80% off-piste / 10% bumps.
We have similar stats; I am an advanced skier that favors finesse over power, but some people do wait for me, lol. I ski in New England with trips out west.

I have not tried the 104 Free, but own the pre-metal 2016 Santa Ana 100 177. It is a great length as long as I am not in tight trees; I have skied it in New England and in Colorado and Montana. I also own the 2022 Santa Ana 93 172 which has one sheet of metal - I may not be comfortable on this in the 179 as I am completely stable on it in the 172. Perhaps in big terrain I would be? Both of mine are mounted at the recommended mount point.

Hopefully someone else has experience with the 104 Free to provide some insight on sizing/mount point!

L

LucieCZ

We have similar stats; I am an advanced skier that favors finesse over power, but some people do wait for me, lol. I ski in New England with trips out west.

I have not tried the 104 Free, but own the pre-metal 2016 Santa Ana 100 177. It is a great length as long as I am not in tight trees; I have skied it in New England and in Colorado and Montana. I also own the 2022 Santa Ana 93 172 which has one sheet of metal - I may not be comfortable on this in the 179 as I am completely stable on it in the 172. Perhaps in big terrain I would be? Both of mine are mounted at the recommended mount point.

Hopefully someone else has experience with the 104 Free to provide some insight on sizing/mount point!
Thank you Lisa! The Santa Ana 100 177 endorsement is encouraging! I originally ordered the Santa Ana 98 in 179, but heard about these and they sound more playful. I'm hoping that mounting them forward a little will help in the trees and bumps.

LucieCZ

Certified Ski Diva
So, if anyone's interested, I wanted to follow up on this. I ended up mounting these 2 cm forward. They are amazing! The 2 cm + rocker helps them turn easier than my shorter Volkl Secret 172cm, but the length/width helps them float better than my Armada TSTw 102mm on powder! Both will be for sale soon!

This is a near perfect one ski quiver for this all-mountain Alta/Snowbird girl. I still bring out my Hart Fusion F17s for bump days.

(I originally posted this question with one account, but was going through the sign up process and finally ended up with this account.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga