• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Need Input for USA TODAY 2017 Skiing Readers' Choice Awards.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
USA Today 10Best has asked me to help provide them with nominees for this year's 2017 Skiing/Snowboarding Readers' Choice Awards. The categories are as follows:

• Best Ski Resort
  • Best Apres-Ski Bar
  • Best Ski Hotel
  • Best Ski Town
So I thought I'd open it up to you guys, too. Who'd you like to see nominated? We have to limit this to North America (sorry Aussie/NZ-er's and Euro Divas). And I need input by October 13. They'll take the nominees and put it up for a vote in their digital edition. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Obrules15

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is probably not the usual or popular choice, but I really love the Omni Mt Washington Hotel and Bretton Woods in NH. It's the one hotel (I've stayed at) that felt like a luxury experience everywhere as opposed to having some nice areas and a ton of poorly disguised skier proof furniture everywhere else. And the breakfast buffet has in-house made blueberry sage breakfast sausage. "Nuff said!

It's also a historical landmark as the home of the mid 20th century Bretton Woods Accords. How many other ski hotels claim that kind of history.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
This is probably not the usual or popular choice, but I really love the Omni Mt Washington Hotel and Bretton Woods in NH. It's the one hotel (I've stayed at) that felt like a luxury experience everywhere as opposed to having some nice areas and a ton of poorly disguised skier proof furniture everywhere else. And the breakfast buffet has in-house made blueberry sage breakfast sausage. "Nuff said!

It's also a historical landmark as the home of the mid 20th century Bretton Woods Accords. How many other ski hotels claim that kind of history.

I agree. That is a lovely hotel. A great suggestion.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Would a lodge at Alta count as a "Ski Hotel?" If so, I nominate Alta Lodge.

Of the ski towns I've been to so far, hard to choose between Ketchum (Sun Valley) and Jackson (Jackson Hole) out west. Lake Placid is an obvious nominee for the northeast.

Best ski resort? Taos Ski Valley, Big Sky, Aspen/Snowmass are the places I expect to return to in the future. Alta remains my favorite but never know if it should be considered a "ski resort" or simply a world class "ski area." From a skiing standpoint, LCC with Alta and Snowbird is a top combination but of course they have different ownership and very different vibes.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
  • Best Ski Resort - Mammoth

newboots

Angel Diva
This is probably not the usual or popular choice, but I really love the Omni Mt Washington Hotel and Bretton Woods in NH. It's the one hotel (I've stayed at) that felt like a luxury experience everywhere as opposed to having some nice areas and a ton of poorly disguised skier proof furniture everywhere else.
I love this.

:focus:

elemmac

Angel Diva
Apres ski bar...The Matterhorn at Sunday River is a staple in New England.

Ski Town...Crested Butte is probably my favorite of the ones I've been to. It's not your normal, shopping district, high end restaurant, tourist-town. It's a small no-frills, ski-town with a whole lot of character.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
  • Best Ski Resort-West: Just 2 days at Mammoth this summer hmmmm... yes it may surpass Snowmass/Aspen/Highlands
  • Best Ski Resort East:Sugarloaf or Whiteface
  • Best Ski Hotel- The Fairmont @ Whistler (thank you @Olesya Chornoguz I'm spoiled for life) Or any hotel "At" Alta/Snowbird ski in/out
  • Best Ski Town-East Coast- Lake Placid,
  • Best Ski Town-West-Ketchum/Sun Valley

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Way too many ski towns/resorts to name.....But one apres ski bar stands out.

Little Nell @ Aspen -talk about civilized!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga