• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Narrower longer skis for powder?

MissySki

Angel Diva
Oh I know..... If you, @ride_ski , @lisamamot like them, I trust they are good. On a website today it described them as good for non aggressive or light skiers. Okay I fall into the light category, but I thought, wait, you guys are all good skiers and somewhat aggressive so trust you!
I describe myself as more of a finesse skier than aggressive.. so that would still track. I could see why it wouldn’t be a great match for a heavier and/or very powerful skier type given how light it is. I ski aggressive terrain, but my goal is to try and gracefully dance with the mountain more than charge down it. I consider ex racer types as the description of aggressive skiers though, and that definitely isn’t me haha.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I just want something that I won't hate once everything is skied off, that's a little easier to ski than what I have.
When I was demo'ing skis during the Alta Demo Day in early April pretty regularly, there often wasn't any powder around. Made it easy to check out how wider skis did on groomers. For example, several years ago I didn't like the DPS Yvette 112 on groomers at all but found that the Zelda 106 was fine. At the time I would enjoy renting the DPS Nela 100 for a rare powder day after flying to SLC.

When a Diva offered a deal on lightly used Zeldas, I bought them. A few years later, I learned that my regular Alta instructor didn't want to do a powder lesson for my friend--over 6-foot man--on skis wider than 100 underfoot.

Working on fundamentals on groomers in recent years has meant I can carve the Zeldas in a way that wasn't possible when I bought them. For those type of lessons, I'm on my Stockli Stormrider 85 skis (bought 2017).

floatingyardsale

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So, I don't know what I like.

I took my Atomics out today in stormy powder whiteout wind and put in a solid half day that involved mild trees and chasing small children and mostly figuring out that powder turns are so gentle and subtle that it doesn't really feel like turning.

And my knees have never felt better.

Maybe I'll bid on a Coalition ski bc they're pretty.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna