• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

My son gets it!

AnnKH

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Some friends asked if we wanted to go on vacation with them to Mexico next winter. When discussing the possibility with my son (age 13), I told him we couldn't go on both a Mexico trip and a ski trip. He said "Can't we go to Mexico in the summer?"

I explained that most people go to the tropics to get away from winter weather for a while, and he said "But there's nothing about winter that I don't like!"

Looks like we're going on a ski trip again next year...

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love it!

snowbunny1976

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's totally something I would say! Or you could always plan Mexico in the winter, and S. America in the summer and ski down there :smile:

Jilly

Staff member
My neighbours and their kids just went through the same performance. Florida or ski. Mom, Dad and older brother chose ski. Younger bro had to be talked into it. Now their all happy and going skiing March break at Tremblant. Hubby and I are going to head up middle of the week.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:becky: Sounds like my kinda kid! :clap:
Good for him!
My son remembers Steamboat as a 6 year old (in somewhat amazing detail) and very little about a Disney World trip a year later.
There you go....

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
MSL, bet you knew at that point that he'd spend his life in the mountains!

Ann, love the story about your son!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
MSL, bet you knew at that point that he'd spend his life in the mountains!
"My Son, The Ski Bum"

Has a certain forlorn ring to it....

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
.............. he said "But there's nothing about winter that I don't like!"

Looks like we're going on a ski trip again next year...
I love your kid!!!!!
:yahoo::ski2::yahoo::ski2::yahoo:

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Now I don't have kids, but....

I have to go to a conference in Vegas the third week in March. I'm not a Vegas fan. All I can think of is, "So help me God, if this is the week a blizzard finally decides to hit PA, I'm gonna SCREAM!" :Cry:

abc

Banned
Now I don't have kids, but....

I have to go to a conference in Vegas the third week in March. I'm not a Vegas fan. All I can think of is, "So help me God, if this is the week a blizzard finally decides to hit PA, I'm gonna SCREAM!" :Cry:
Play meeting hookie and ski Mommoth!!!:thumbsup:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Good idea! Mammoth is having a good season. Not sure how far from Vegas??? Why not, though?? :ski2: HUGE place.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
AT LEAST TAKE YOUR BOOTS and appropriate clothing.
JUST IN CASE!!

AnnKH

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We live in North Dakota, and my sons skied the mountains for the first time this year (4 fabulous days in Whitefish). The nearest ski place to us, Frostfire, is about 2 hours away, 350' of vertical.

On our third day in Montana Bryan said "I can't wait to ski at Frostfire again, just to remind myself that it isn't always this good". Unlike some friends of ours who refuse to ski in Minnesota after going to the mountians, Bryan (like his Mom) believes that skiing Frostfire is better than not skiing at all!

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Ahhhh.....310 miles from Vegas. Too far for a day trip.:Cry: Well, I guess I can go rock climbing at Red Rocks.....that's not a bad consolation!

Jilly

Staff member
Bryan (like his Mom) believes that skiing Frostfire is better than not skiing at all!

When I can't ski Tremblant, its a 160' vertical bump!! So your son is on the right track. So if he remembers, you ski one turn at a time. It doesn't matter if you get 10 or 100 turns in a run!! Your out sliding around!

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Yeah, my home hill is just 510 vertical feet. But it's just 15 minutes from my house, and there's night skiing. So, I guess I should count myself lucky....it is WAY better than not skiing at all!!!

Attachments

• bearcreek.jpg
    bearcreek.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 5

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:thumbsup: You have done well young ObiWan. :fencing: :yahoo:

O

OnAPlank

Your son is an extremely smart kid, you should take him on 2 skiing trips this year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna