• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

My last ski day for two weeks!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
As Charlie Brown says, "ARRRGGGHHHH!"

President's Week is next week, and my pass is blacked out.

And the week after that are the first couple signings for my husband's book, which I absolutely CAN NOT miss.

After that, I get to to go Steamboat. So there's light at the end of the tunnel.

But 2 weeks? In the heart of ski season?

I'll say it again: ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

(Maybe I'll forget how to ski!!!! :eek:)

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:smile: I haven't skied since superbowl Sunday. It sucks. And whats worse?

This weekend I'm spending up at my friend's mountain house in the Poconos... but no one wants to ski, and I don't want to abandon my friends since I haven't seen them in almost a year, so I'm going to be up there and go...yes, snow tubing.

Sigh.

Well, as The Boy pointed out, at least this will minimize the chances of me getting hurt only 2 weeks before I fly out to CO for some spring skiing.

Le sigh.

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My pass restricted too!

I have the Colorado Pass which is unlimited skiing at Keystone, Breck and A-Basin with 10 days at Vail/Beaver Creek.

I got an email from Vail Resorts reminding me that my days at Vail/BC is restricted this Sat/Sun. However, I can still ski there for $77instead of the normal $81. :eek:

I thought this was pretty absurd. Why in the world would I want to pay that much for a lift ticket, plus pay for parking, to ski crowded Vail?

Actually, we're not skiing this weekend due to the holiday. We'll go back up to Summit County on Mon. and ski Tues. when the tourists are gone. :smile:

Kathi

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Kimmyt said:
:smile: I haven't skied since superbowl Sunday. It sucks.

Me too! That was my last day. I've been "supposed to go skiing tonight/tomorrow" many times since then. I'm dead set on getting out and skiing asap, especially cuz we had a dump wednesday. I'm weary of President's day crowds, but I'm not letting the skiing dry spell go any longer. Now I just have to figure out where would be best to go...

Jilly

Staff member
At Tremblant the "hooky" pass is only blacked out during Christmas. I'm heading up for a week at Tremblant, just to teach you Americans how to ski the Canadian way! Weather should be great whether you're North or south of the border. I'm kinda glad we don't have a February holiday!

dslawton

Diva in Training
Ski Diva said:
As Charlie Brown says, "ARRRGGGHHHH!"

President's Week is next week, and my pass is blacked out.

And the week after that are the first couple signings for my husband's book, which I absolutely CAN NOT miss.

After that, I get to to go Steamboat. So there's light at the end of the tunnel.

But 2 weeks? In the heart of ski season?

I'll say it again: ARRRGGGHHHH!!!!

(Maybe I'll forget how to ski!!!! :eek:)

I was sooooo excited to see new snow and had the week all planned out as to who I would be skiing with, then the unthinkable happened. I rounded a corner and went from groomed snow into 8 inches of sticky, mushy, heavy snow where my left ski tip became buried. My body continued forward and I tried to turn out of the heavy stuff but instead my upper left leg went in the opposite direction of my lower left leg. The intense pain, grinding noise and loud pop let me know that my ski season had just been shortened. Took a little ride down in the toboggan, called up my favorite ortho guy where xrays confirmed that I had broken my tibial plateau. Luckily the next day MRI showed that all of the ligaments and meniscus are still intact. I'll have surgery on Tuesday the 20th to repair the fracture.

To those of you reading this and skiing on Tuesday, please raise a glass of cheer on my behalf and keep the post coming. Even though I won't be skiing, I will definitely be reading about all of you. I look forward to your stories of NASTAR triumphs and glorious powder days.

Here's to seeing you on the slopes next season!!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OH NOOOOO!!!

Wow, another Diva down! :( :eek:

Heal quickly compatriot!!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Oh, I am so, so sorry to hear about your knee!

Best of luck with your surgery. Wishing you a fast and complete recovery.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
So sorry to hear that, dslawton!!!

Glad that your ligaments are intact, though. Good luck with surgery and recovery. I really do believe that positive attitudes shorten healing periods, and I'm glad to see that you've got one.

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Diva, I just reread your post. They block you out for the whole week surrounding President's Day? How cruel!

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
dslawton said:
I was sooooo excited to see new snow and had the week all planned out as to who I would be skiing with, then the unthinkable happened. .....

Ooooh, so sorry. Heal quickly!

liquidfeet

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
dslawton said:
xrays confirmed that I had broken my tibial plateau. Luckily the next day MRI showed that all of the ligaments and meniscus are still intact. I'll have surgery on Tuesday the 20th to repair the fracture.

DS,
I am soooooo sorry to hear about your injury. What is a tibial plateau? How are you doing since surgery? What are you doing to compensate for bed rest, or whatever recuperative strategy is forced upon you?

My thoughts are with you. We are all just a turn away from your fate, and know your pain, if not from memory then empathically.

Quiver Queen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DS,
So sorry to hear about the knee! Good luck with your recovery and rest easy knowing you have joined a fraternity of Ski Divas with knee issues that are still going strong!

SkiBaby

Certified Ski Diva
dslawton said:
To those of you reading this and skiing on Tuesday, please raise a glass of cheer on my behalf and keep the post coming.

To your health!! We'll all be sending good thoughts for your quick recovery.

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
dslawton said:
I rounded a corner and went from groomed snow into 8 inches of sticky, mushy, heavy snow where my left ski tip became buried.

I will be thinking of you tomorrow!

I did a very similar thing in Utah a few weeks ago, except I spun around my left ski that was caught in the slush and popped out because I have my DIN set low for my weight/level of aggressiveness. Then I fell on my right side, smacked my head on what turned out to be hardpack (no helmut) and got a concussion and a wicked sore neck for the next day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga