• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Question: My friend wants to give me Dynastar Omeglass Pro Skis...

Magdalena Tywoniuk

Diva in Training
Hello,

My question: Can I handle these skis, should I try?
https://www.dynastar.com/US/US/omeg...1_product_dynastar-skis-men-race.html?b=31362

My very good friend wants to give me his Dynastar Omeglass Pro skis in 163cm. I am an early advanced, agressive, but cautious skier. I am also very light 42kg at 168cm at 31 years old. I like stiff skis and generally have done well with other slalom skis like Stockli stormrider and Volkl Code Speedwall S. They are both difficult skis and make you work hard, but they are very fun. Myself, I love the Volkl Kenja's and want to buy those, but I would like an on-piste ski for non-powder days. If it matters I love Vokl Kenja's and hated Blizzard Black Pearls (not stiff enough, felt like they were flapping about all over the place and pushing me onto the back of the ski).

I love red runs, with moguls. I do well on blacks, though I am too afraid to say that I am comfortable (never taken a tumble on one though).

What do you think?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know anything about the Dynastar Omegas Pros except they're a race-performance ski, and if you're a cautious skier who doesn't want to work too hard, they might not be for you. My feeling is that if you love the Kenja's, you should go ahead and get them. They'll be fine for on-piste non-powder days. Incidentally, I feel the same way about the Black Pearls, so maybe we're on the same page.

And welcome to the forum!

Jilly

Staff member
Welcome to our world. And I would have to agree with Ski Diva about this ski. I see a lot of male instructors on this at Tremblant. It's stiff, it wants to go fast and might be too stiff for moguls. FWIW - I'm on the Rossi Elite ST Carbon.

Get the Kenja's there is a lot of love for them here. I have not had the chance to try them. And I agree with you about the Black Pearl.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just in Zillertal, Austria, and didn't see another pair of Kenjas the entire time I was there. Everyone over there seems to prefer a carving ski with a big side cut.

I find the Kenjas to be a very good ski for on piste. I even ski on Kenjas on icy days in the Northeast US. I love them in the crud and choppy conditions, as well as the newly groomed areas. In the Zillertal, they excelled up top in the scraped off ice, as well as in the Spring conditions at the bottom of the Talabfahrt.

If you want Kenjas, go get them!:thumbsup:

vanhoskier

Angel Diva
Are you saying that you want to purchase the Kenjas AND a carving ski for on piste? If so, then why not take up your friend's offer. If you can ski the Stockli slalom ski and the Volkl Code Speedwall, you should be OK on the Dynastar slalom. Then you'd also have the Kenja when you want a wider, more forgiving ski.

However, if you are just choosing between the Kenja and the Dynastar, then I agree with the other divas who responded and you should get the Kenja.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna