• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

My 7 year old skied his first blacks

ski chick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
He was so funny about it too. Big sis and I were all cheering, going crazy, he just had this tiny little smile and shrugged his shoulders. Like it was no big deal! I'm a proud ski mama.

Solincia

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats! That's awesome!! Kids never understand what a big deal some things are to us, do they! :clap: :clap: :clap:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
:yahoo: :ski2:
And so begin the years of his waiting at the bottom for you???? :smile:

skihub

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Fantastic!!! I had my almost 7 year old daughter following me back and forth across the black diamond hills last weekend. I decided to let her go down and control her speed on her own, but I was worried she would choose to go too fast. However, she turned back and forth on her own scooping up snow to eat every couple turns. Yucky, but very cute!!

ski chick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
His birthday is in February and I look forward to someday celebrating it on the mountain. Maybe even next year!!

NannyMin

Banned
Ah, that's awesome! I love that sweet little smile children get when they secretly love that you are proud of them. So cute!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm excited for you, and a little envious!:smile:

ski chick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ever since they've been on skis we created mountain nicknames for each one. This little guy's nickname is "Mister Zippy". It was perfect for him, and it just stuck.

mollmeister

Angel Diva
That's awesome!!!! My 4yo is just now mastering the greens at the bottom of the mountain. I can't wait until he wants to race me down *my* terrain!
:becky:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Yeah. I should scan and post a pic of my 6 y/o skiing away from us at Steamboat. We haven't seen him since....:wink:
oh wait, that was 20 years ago....time warp

SnowflakeADK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:yahoo: Hurray for Mr. Zippy!!! Such a proud moment!! Soon will come the days of "Mom, you are sooooo sloooow!" :smile:

My youngest is 17 and just learned to board this year...he's been doing that to me all season. But I just love watching him rip down the hill w/ perfectly controlled turns and rythm. I wish I had some of his natural talent.

ski chick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Part Two

So yesterday... my 12 year old son skied his first blacks too! Yee haw! He's my oldest and has Downs Syndrome! His nickname on the slopes always has been...CHAMPION! He was so adorable. I told him to STAY BEHIND ME. Eventually he'd had enough of Mom's giant, sweeping, safe turns. Passes me. Never looked back. When I get to the bottom where he's waiting he says "Mom, what took you so long?" After I exhaled I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

When I reminded him all day of his accomplishment he'd just smile a little and say "yep".

Little brother (Mr. Zippy) also enjoyed this black (We went to a different mountain from last weekend). But it was much steeper and longer than the ones he skied last weekend. He was much more cautious than his big brother.

CHA CHA CHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

He's so fierce.

This was a great ending to a great family ski season for us. I don't know if I've ever been any prouder...
:becky: :becky: :becky: :becky:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
:clap: :thumbsup: You have every right to be proud! What a great way to end your season!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Ah, ski chick, what a great report! Can see you smiling all over it!! :becky: Bravo to CHAMPION! :clap:

ski chick

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you so much!

Today I thought a lot about the enormity of this accomplishment. This, from my child who didn't walk until he was 27 months old. His first physical therapist said he would never ride a bike. Today, he's riding a mountain bike, and as for skiing, you know the rest.

He's the reason for my signature...

VERY VERY cool! You SHOULD be proud! Shout it from the roof-tops!!! :cheer: :cheer:

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How awesome!!! :thumbsup: My daughter started skiing blacks this year and has surpassed the mommy. :doh: It's so amazing to watch them flourish though isn't it?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna