• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

wahineskisk2

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
While most would be happy about buying new skis, I'm rather sad. My K2 Missbehaved twin tips circa 2010 are done. They were the best skis I've ever owned, playful, handled any condition with ease, and for being a wider 95mm underfoot carved very well.
So, I need some advice on what's next... I've narrowed down the demo list to:
1. Nordica Santa Ana 93
2. Elan Ripstick 94
3. Nordica Enforcer 94
4. Volkl Secret 92
I love a playful ski that allows me to jump a little, ski backwards some, and bring out my inner goofball. Unfortunately, I've gained quite a few pounds fattening up for the post Covid alien invasion and will need a ski that can handle 195lbs at 5'8" and still be playful. I also don't want a ski I feel invincible on, which makes me question the Enforcer and Secret. I haven't been skiing much the last 6 years, so a feeling on invincibility will probably result in a ride on sled of shame...LOL
Any other suggestions? I'm skiing Purgatory exclusively this year, so unusual or off brands probably are not available to demo in Durango or near by.
Thank you!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
While most would be happy about buying new skis, I'm rather sad. My K2 Missbehaved twin tips circa 2010 are done. They were the best skis I've ever owned, playful, handled any condition with ease, and for being a wider 95mm underfoot carved very well.
So, I need some advice on what's next... I've narrowed down the demo list to:
1. Nordica Santa Ana 93
2. Elan Ripstick 94
3. Nordica Enforcer 94
4. Volkl Secret 92
I love a playful ski that allows me to jump a little, ski backwards some, and bring out my inner goofball. Unfortunately, I've gained quite a few pounds fattening up for the post Covid alien invasion and will need a ski that can handle 195lbs at 5'8" and still be playful. I also don't want a ski I feel invincible on, which makes me question the Enforcer and Secret. I haven't been skiing much the last 6 years, so a feeling on invincibility will probably result in a ride on sled of shame...LOL
Any other suggestions? I'm skiing Purgatory exclusively this year, so unusual or off brands probably are not available to demo in Durango or near by.
Thank you!
I would substitute the Volkl Secret 92 (don't think it's playful) with maybe the Black Crows Camox Birdie (97) or the Blizzard Sheeva 9 (92). Both playful skis.

newboots

Angel Diva
Do they need to be twin tips?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For women's twin tips the Armada ARW comes to mind. I think it comes in 86 and 96 underfoot. I always love their graphics.

lisamamot

Angel Diva
They were the best skis I've ever owned, playful, handled any condition with ease, and for being a wider 95mm underfoot carved very well.
I am 5'9"/140s

I have the Ripstick 94W 170. The 177 in this would be a better length for me, but I intentionally went shorter here to navigate in tight spots. About the ski - they have a very surfy tip, a flatter tail, and are very lightweight; I just converted mine to a touring binding and feel they have found their spot in my quiver. I would not have chosen them as a daily driver.

I believe you will find the Volkl Secret boring.

The Nordica Santa Ana 93/Enforcer 94 might make you happy, but they have much less of a playful feel on the back end - the tail does not fit your bill.

What you described above as wanting is the Blizzard Sheeva 9, but with your specs you would be happier on the Blizzard Rustler 9. Same ski, but the Rustler has a bit stiffer wood core - the 172 would be your length. I have the Sheeva 9 172 and it is a complete blast.

I also concur regarding the Black Crows. I loved the Camox Birdie 174 when I demoed it, but that was before they lightened it up. I haven't gotten on the new version, but expect you may be happier on the Camox as opposed to the Birdie version.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga