• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

More toe issues. Discuss.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I think you all have the same feet as me. :smile:

And as a climber, are probably all to familiar with those squished toes! My husband tells me that longer 2nd toe is a great attribute for climbing. I haven't reached a level of experience to notice yet though.

Kimmyt

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
i dunno, it sure doesn't help with finding climbing shoes that fit!

atlantiqueen

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
i dunno, it sure doesn't help with finding climbing shoes that fit!

Amen to that! When you find them, let me know!!!

PS...in my family it is common knowledge that a longer 2nd toe is a sign of royalty....atlantiqueen, hmmmm :becky:

sleddog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is kind of a no-brainer, but, do you trim your toenails before skiing? If they're even a little bit too long they'll bruise underneath the nail.

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
Yes I keep my toenails trimmed very short during ski season.

After 4 straight hard days in my boots...now my middle toe on the right is doing the same thing. :(

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
This really worries me. One of the major problems is that feet are one of most bacteria-laden parts of our bodies. The door gets thrown wide open for nasty infections, both bacterial and fungal, whenever something like this happens.

I don't know how common it is to get a blackened nail that falls off - it hasn't happened to me in 33 years of skiing, or DH - probably his ability level is a better barometer relative to those of you who are experiencing these issues - in 40+.

At this point, if it were me, I really, truly would consider seeing a podiatrist. Why take a chance on an infection?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga