• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

more of a carve

Jcb2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Had a good day of skiing and great conditions. But looking for a few tips to help me. I am still learning the new technigue that for many here is not new! However given I stopped skiing mid 90's and just started up late last year, I am still learning. So bear with me.

I have two questions:
The first one is for me. I notice when skiing the easier trails I can go down the fall line, turn and carve enough to feel in form.
Once on get on steeper trails and try the same technigue it tends to feel zig zaggy to control speed and notice I do what I use to do years ago, drag my upper pole to control speed. So know I do not have enough of a carve, but not sure how you do a more dramatic carve so you really see the bottom. I do not like feeling like I am going fast or not feel in control.

Any easy to explain exercises to practice or tips would be greatly appreciated. Videos are also welcomed to help here.

We all must start some where, thanks for your help.

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
JCB -- I tried to PM you, but I think you need 2 more posts (minimum of 25, maybe?) before that feature is available.

mountainxtc

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
you need to build pressure higher in the turn. if you wait til the end (like in a zig zag shape) there is too much to deal with all at once on a steeper run. you really need to take a lesson in person for this, it's something advanced skiers can work on for years and years.

good exercises to get you going are power plows and the crab walk. ask me if you need clarification on these, I'm a little pressed for typing time right now!

Jcb2ski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes I do two more but don't want to post where nothing to say lol.
Thanks vicki will try to post tonight though. Hope this is one!!

vickie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
JCB, you're listed as a "Certified Ski Diva" but I still can't PM you. It says you may have opted not to allow private messages.

Two things --

1) See if you can see the "Meet on the Hill" section, listed under "Divas Only". There's a thread there about Sugarloaf and Sunday River. That will give you some basic info, but not the details.

2) If you want to allow private messages, scroll to the top of the site's page and click on "Profile". The next page will have "User Control Panel" on the left. Look down that panel and find "Settings and Options", select "Edit Options". Scroll down that to the private messaging area and make sure you've selected the options/features you want.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga