• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

MOAB WINTER SUN 10K

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Diva Greetings from beautiful Moab:

Yesterday was the 10K and it was perfect in terms of weather and course. My personal goal was achieved----not to finish last. No. 392 / 600 overall and 192nd /279 in the overall female. Total official time 1:02:57 or about avg of 10 minute miles. In retrospect, I could have amped it up a bit, but was worried about crashing around mile 5, so kept a steady pace throughout.

Today we hiked.

Praying for snow, but this was a great diversion. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great job! :thumbsup: That's *very* respectable for a 10k, was it your first?

Sheena

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice work! I was actually in Moab myself. I was on a hike in Arches National Park and saw a couple of women hiking wearing shirts for the event, and I was wondering what that was about.

Cool stuff!

RachelV

Administrator
Staff member
That's awesome. I'm doing a 10k in July and will pretty much be thrilled if my time is similar to yours. Congrats!

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great job! :thumbsup: That's *very* respectable for a 10k, was it your first?

Yes, it was my first 10K.

and my first formal race for about 20 years (I promised myself years ago that I would run for the joy/benefits of running and not worry about competing, but I had so much fun, that I can't wait to do it again.)

Next time, I would amp it up a bit more.

Thanks for the kind words. The run and the girls weekend in Moab (the hiking and hot tub and drinking) were a blast and helped me forget about skiing----AND CAME HOME TO SNNNOOOWWWW!!!!!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga