• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Milo walkie talkie?

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hi all! Been seeing ads for the Milo walkie talkie - seems cool! Especially to keep in touch with kids. They have Apple watches but connection in the hill is always rough. Especially since we are planning to head to Niseko in a few weeks! Any feedback?

beane

Certified Ski Diva
Can't speak to that brand but we got Rocky talkies for Christmas and have been very happy with them for communicating with the kids.. much easier than the apple watches.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
i just checked these out as well! Looks like they are more similar to regular walkie talkies. I’m tempted to take them up on their 30 day trial. Will be especially useful at Niseko where the kids watches won’t have data/roaming

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Peaheartsmama wow the Milo is interesting but expensive. I have had Rocky talkies since 2/21, I used them more for hiking recently. However, bc meadow skipping trip 2 weeks ago to the local mountains and having DH snowboard different lines than I ski in the tight trees in a non-cell service area, we vowed to go back to using them on a regular basis. I always ski w/ a small back pack so easy to clip on, not sure if your kids do, or how you will have them keep the walkie talky with in usable reach.

Last edited:

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I went ahead and put in an order. My kids are always way ahead of me in the trails and more recently when we ski with other families they get separated from me entirely. Phone reception is patchy especially on the Apple Watch (they don’t have phones) so I think it might be a good solution for us. We are also going to Niseko and they won’t have data. Hopefully this works well. It looks like they can just hang a lanyard around their neck or clip it to a front jacket pocket. Some people also attach it to the side of the helmet.

Peaheartsmama

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I’ve tried walkie talkies in the past - not the super good kind like rocky talkie but that requires being still and using the button to talk. I like that we can use this when actively moving. Will see how it goes! :smile:

Amplify

Diva in Training
We use Rocky Talkies which I initially got for rock climbing. I like how versatile they are and have really appreciated their long range - we have been able to keep in touch across all three mountains at Smuggs, which is priceless when skiing with kids, coordinating who's picking up from which lessons where, communicating last run or lunch meet times, etc. You do need to pull it out and push the button so we generally use it for need-to-know communication only. I keep it clipped to the strap of my bib so it's easily accessible to make that easier.

tothetrail

Certified Ski Diva
Our group uses the Cardo Packtalk Bold. They are great. We also use them on the motorcycles for dual sport rides. The nice thing is, they are easily installed in your helmet, so nothing dangling. It's so nice to be able to hear when someone stops, or which turn they take. It just saves so much time, rather than finding/calling each other. And for instruction, they are invaluable.

floatingyardsale

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Following. The kids front-and -follow like we're on The Wire, but with a new mountain that doesn't have a central point we need a system.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna