• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Merry Christmas, Utah Divas!!

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just in time for two weeks off!!! Get out the fatties and get some, girls!

(Note: I really do have the next two weeks off. If anybody wants to ski with me during the week, let me know! I'm partial to Solitude, but twist my arm and I could be talked into some Alta days too. :D)

Utah Avalanche Center said:
Snow should begin falling in earnest today around noon and we should get 12-20 inches of snow by late on Saturday. Saturday should be continued snow and Sunday looks like partly cloudy with light snow showers.

The extended forecast: This storm will seem like a baby compared to the next couple storms, one on Monday and Tuesday and the other the day after Christmas. We should have feet and feet of new snow by the weekend after Christmas.

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

If that weren't in context it could mean something entirely different! :wink:

When it's done dumping in Utah please send it here to Colorado! :D

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yep, Santa is going to make quite a few folks happy!!
I'll be working those lift lines - I have my usual Sun-Wed shifts plus I volunteered to work Christmas Day if someone wants to take that day off.
Lodging bookings here in PC are off by at least 25-30% for the Christmas vacation period. With the economy the way it is, I don't expect to see many last-minute trip decisions being made.
The wind is howling up here this morning. I'm glad I didn't go into work this morning - setting up the lift mazes in windy weather is a major PITA.

altagirl

Staff member

(Note: I really do have the next two weeks off. If anybody wants to ski with me during the week, let me know! I'm partial to Solitude, but twist my arm and I could be talked into some Alta days too. :D)

I have a borrowed Alta Silver card until the 28th. But you might be able to talk me into buying a Solitude ticket at some point - do you know of any ticket deals??

I really wish the snowpack would cooperate - I want to go touring with you one of these days!!

And in sad news - my left knee and my Praxis skis are NOT getting along well this season. Saturday was the first day I'd tried skiing them this year and I managed all of one run and went back to the im88's. The angle created by the width puts all the pressure on that spot where I've got arthritis instead of meniscus... Oh well. That just means deeper face shots I guess!

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know, this storm is gonna be great! I'm so sorry I didn't find you on Sunday at Alta, Trady. I was sooo sick and I'm still trying to recover -- my boss actually sent me home again today to get better. I don't have the entire two weeks off, but I'll be up at Alta Christmas Eve, day after Christmas, and every sat/sunday involved plus NYE and NYD (except for tomorrow ... I think I need another day of recovery before the epic-ness that will be Sunday!).

Merry Christmas UTARDS!:snow:

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Santa LUVs Utah Divas

The 10 day forecast - snow or snow showers EVERYDAY except for Sunday. That's today through Monday the 29th!

Colorado divas - Santa doesn't love you as much - I see some sunny days in that 10 day forecast :cool:

Grace Elventhing

Certified Ski Diva
Waaah!

I'm stuck visiting relatives in Massachusetts until the day after Christmas. 12" have fallen since we've been here. What a waste of snow! We may have trouble getting back, since it's supposed to be storming heavily in the Wasatch that day. Pretty exciting week coming up for everyone there, though. Enjoy it, Divas:jealous:

cinnabon

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm stuck visiting relatives in Massachusetts until the day after Christmas. 12" have fallen since we've been here. What a waste of snow! We may have trouble getting back, since it's supposed to be storming heavily in the Wasatch that day. Pretty exciting week coming up for everyone there, though. Enjoy it, Divas:jealous:
Yeah, I'll be in Atlanta of all places from the 22-29th, but I'm sure the snow will still be here when I get back! It's so nice seeing it on the ground, and the mountains look even prettier now than in the summer. Better late then never for the snow to show up! :banana:

Merry Christmas, everyone!:smile:

A waste? :confused:

I'm skiing in Charlemont MA tomorrow, not much in the way of vertical but conditions should be sweet! Get out there and enjoy some of our New England snowstorm~

"If you can't ski, with the mtn. you love, ski the one you're with!":D (I'm in a very corny mood tonight)

altagirl

Staff member

I'm skiing in Charlemont MA tomorrow, not much in the way of vertical but conditions should be sweet! Get out there and enjoy some of our New England snowstorm~

"If you can't ski, with the mtn. you love, ski the one you're with!":D (I'm in a very corny mood tonight)

If her family is anything like mine... skiing is not an acceptable activity during family visits, since no one would go with me other than my husband. So maybe that's what she means.

Grace Elventhing

Certified Ski Diva

I didn't mean to offend east coasters! The snow here (which is still coming down) is falling on a basically flat suburb of Boston. So I did as you suggested, SNWL, my hubby and I borrowed my in-laws' cross country skis and we went for a nice in-town ride, stopping at a cafe on the way. It was welcome exercise in this food-heavy season. Enjoy Charlemont!

Grace E.

Grace Elventhing

Certified Ski Diva
If her family is anything like mine... skiing is not an acceptable activity during family visits, since no one would go with me other than my husband. So maybe that's what she means.

Correct. Going to a ski area would definitely be verboten, so we didn't even bring our equipment. Doing the cross-country thing is "approved," and my mother-in-law considered joining us.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks Tradygirl and Merry Christmas to all Utards and other Divas. We are sure blessed with the storms. I had my first face shot yesterday in Powder Alley---though the wind had blown off a lot of the powder, there was this little patch Santa saved for me.

I've been up at Brighton and will be Tues/Wed if any Divas happen to be there---look me up (I'm hosting).

My family, both local and from afar, are convening at Brighton and we'll hit a few other resorts----so it's a real family ski week for us. Because of the backcountry conditions this week, the tele part of the family are going slow on their b/c plans pending the conditions.

Happy, Safe, and Healthy Holidays to all Divas everywhere.

lisaski

Certified Ski Diva
I'm only a part-time Utard. :smile: I'll be in Park City from 12/27 - 1/4, skiing mostly at The Canyons (Here I come 9990!) and a couple days at Deer Valley. I'll make at least one trip to Alta or Snowbird. I'm very excited with all the new snow. My last trip at Thanksgiving, I did more mountain biking than skiing. I was at PCMR the day after Thanksgiving skiing homerun, It was better than nothing. :smile:

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have a borrowed Alta Silver card until the 28th. But you might be able to talk me into buying a Solitude ticket at some point - do you know of any ticket deals??

I really wish the snowpack would cooperate - I want to go touring with you one of these days!!

And in sad news - my left knee and my Praxis skis are NOT getting along well this season. Saturday was the first day I'd tried skiing them this year and I managed all of one run and went back to the im88's. The angle created by the width puts all the pressure on that spot where I've got arthritis instead of meniscus... Oh well. That just means deeper face shots I guess!

Sympathy. I have the same issue, I can only ski my volkls for one day and then half-way through the second I can barely hold the ski down on the snow it hurts so bad. Same thing, no meni, lots of scarring and arthritis. I went longer and a little softer on my wider waist ski and seemed to balance things out, at least let's me ski a few days in a row pain free and the length kind of balances out the stability I gave up in flex. Or at least that's what I have convinced myself of. Good luck, I know I ended up having ALOT less pain last year, so I do think there is a happy medium somewhere. Hopefully the im's will do the trick for you.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm only a part-time Utard. :smile: I'll be in Park City from 12/27 - 1/4, skiing mostly at The Canyons (Here I come 9990!) and a couple days at Deer Valley. I'll make at least one trip to Alta or Snowbird. I'm very excited with all the new snow. My last trip at Thanksgiving, I did more mountain biking than skiing. I was at PCMR the day after Thanksgiving skiing homerun, It was better than nothing. :smile:

You'll definitely like the snow better now :smile:

Please be careful skiing off of 9990. Check the avalanche forecast, even if you're skiing inbounds. Better safe than sorry - we already had one avalanche there this year.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Santa REALLY loves Utah Divas!

We're getting slammed up here at Park City! I volunteered to work the lift line today. When I tried to leave my house at 7am, there was a foot easy of fluffy stuff, with a nice knee-high drift across my driveway. My little Audi TT did make it through and down my driveway. Up at the resort, it was snowing and blowing all day long. The wind was bad enough to have wind closure on some of the lifts. My lift, Crescent, was running 1/2 speed because of the wind. It made for one cold 17 minute ride up the hill. The powderhounds were lovin' it. The family tourists were not so happy - too cold, too windy, too blowy. Oh well. I got to leave early, since we weren't really busy and it was my 5th day working. I got back to the parking lot to find my Audi (which was nestled between 2 SUVs) totally covered in snow! Fortunately, 2 of my coworkers helped me dig it out so I could open the car door to get in and shoveled snow from the back end so I could get out. I made it up my driveway, sliding a bit, and safely in the house. THEN, I had to shovel 2+ feet of snow off the back porch to give my dog a path out the back door to the yard.
It's not going to let up anytime soon - it looks no different outside than it did when I left this morning.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna