• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Memorable Ski Moments, 2008

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Now that the year is drawing to a close, what were some of your memorable ski- or forum-related moments this year?

I have a few:

• Meeting and skiing with the Divas at Solitude during Diva Week in Utah;

• Meeting and skiing with the Divas at Okemo during Okemo Diva Day;

• Breaking a personal record of ski days, with 63 days for the '07-'08 season. This meant LOTS of fun days on the snow;

Nearly destroying my nearly new Queen Attivas at Magic Mountain (hey, it was memorable, all right!) :eek:;

• Hearing Vanhoskier "Woo Hoo" with excitement after a run with me and SNWL at Okemo. I don't think I've ever seen such an out and out expression of joy while skiing. You had to be there; :ski2:

• Seeing Pequinita collapse at Alta midway down a run after bootpacking up and skiing down, saying "This is so hard when you're 30!" Try it at 53! :wink:

• Getting to try next year's skis at the industry demo days at Stratton in February. I felt like a kid in a candy store!

Getting TheSkiDiva sign on Good Morning America;

• Expanding the site to include an E-store for great TheSkiDiva.com gear, a directory of women's ski resources, and a new home page with ski news and member pix;

• Publishing TheSkiDiva.com Cooks!, a cookbook with recipes submitted by forum members;

Getting a publisher for my ski-related mystery, tentatively called DOUBLE BLACK: A SKI DIVA MYSTERY, and coming from St. Martin's Press in January, 2010;

• Passing 1,000 members in the forum. :thumbsup:

Looks like it was a year to remember!!!!

What about you?

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Great thread!

*Meeting so many wonderful Divas. Starting with SnowHot and Pinto in January and continuing on through the year!

*Taking my group of athletes into Spaulding Bowl last year. I was told just yesterday by one of them how much they love the photo of themselves that I framed for them which is in their bedroom.

*Finally starting to enjoy bumps!

*Skiing with my dad. We don't get to do it often so I love the time that we do get to do it. And when he helped me coach my group I was so very proud of him. (Aw, shucks, now I'm getting weepy!)

*Being a part of this group. I've learned so much and am so glad that I can help contribute to the group here.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna