• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Mammoth private lessons

goodcat

Certified Ski Diva
I am going to be at mammoth for MLK weekend (I know, suboptimal snow conditions, holiday weekend... probably a big mistake). I have never been there and do not know any instructors. Could someone make recommendations for instructor for private lessons for DD (5 years, 5 half-ski days total) and DH (2 half-ski days total experience)? We are very low key people who are not that ambitious -- we want a fun and safe (as possible) experience.

Also, has anyone had experiences with putting their kids in ski school there?

Thanks.

Mish

Diva in Training
Hi Goodcat!

I'm the wife of a fantastic Mammoth Mountain ski instructor, Andrew Drake, who works out of Canyon Lodge. Of course I might have a bit of a bias as I married him :smile: but he loves skiing, is fully-certified (can teach to all levels), has eight years of experience and is great with kids and adults alike. You can check out his website at www.kiwiski.net - he writes a lot about Mammoth and skiing. If he doesn't fit the bill I'd be happy to recommend some more instructors - we know a few!

Let me know if you have any more questions or if you'd like to get in touch with him directly.

Cheers
Katy

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This is good to know as I'm going to be looking to take a lesson or two when we are up there this year (if it ever snows!) :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna