• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Maiden voyage ~ Trek Liquid 25

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Its true that my maiden voyage on the Trek Liquid was at the motocross track, because I was committed to work the motocross event the weekend I got the bike. It was fun to give it a whirl and I'll probably take the bike back there again.
s830505017_623068_7056.jpg

I was a little uneasy at first because of the feel of the height difference between this bike and my 4900. Though I hadn't had a chance to really ride it like I wanted, that height difference was no thought in short time.
I'm looking for a book for this bike so I am better prepared to get my suspension set up for me a bit better, but I think I have it "doable" for the moment.(may have to go to the bike shop and have the tech help me)

Today I finally took the bike on a ride that its been begging for since it arrived. It was a private single track that is washed out, and goes through some dense woods, and crosses a beaver dam. This trail hasn't been cleared in some time, so there were several smallish logs in the trail that I easily crossed, washed out hills with exposed rocks, and a long downhill that is the coolest sledding hill in the winter. The Trek Liquid was phenomenal through all of this, and inspired confidence in Trekchick.

I have done this trail with my 4900 several times, and I can tell you there is a difference. This Trek Liquid 25, has definitely found its home.

Thanks to all of you who gave me advice. Thanks again to those of you who helped me trouble shoot the minor issues when it arrived here and I assembled it.

This is definitely a fun bike!

n830505017_623063_5813.jpg

tradygirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I've had that same bike for about five years and I absolutely love it. What fork did you get?

I've had to make a few adjustments to my rear shock and front shock dampening, as well as some handlebar and brake lever adjustments. The cockpit still feels a bit long, and I think I'm going to switch to a shorter stem. Overall though, it's been a great bike. Climbs well, but takes a lot of abuse.

Did you get the Hayes hydraulic brakes? I've had a few issues with mine. The lever adjustment screws tend to "slip" and get soft - I've tried loc-tite and it's helped, but I've heard that Hayes will send you replacement parts if you contact them.

Hope you enjoy your bike as much as I have mine!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks tradygirl, I'm glad to hear from another happy Liquid rider
What fork did you get?
Manitou Black. Which was easy to set up.

I've had to make a few adjustments to my rear shock and front shock dampening, as well as some handlebar and brake lever adjustments. The cockpit still feels a bit long, and I think I'm going to switch to a shorter stem. Overall though, it's been a great bike. Climbs well, but takes a lot of abuse.
I have not had the rear shock set up just yet. It is okay but not quite right for me.
What rear shock do you have?
Mine is this one, which seems a bit complicated to me, and I don't have the book for the bike, so I haven't messed with it a lot. I'm thinking I need to take it to the bike shop and have them help me set it up and try to get a book. I really like to do my own bike work.
aa30_12.JPG

I like a longer frame and felt like this is a bit short for me, but after adjusting the handlebars, I am happy with it. I may still play with the stem to lengthen it out a bit.

I hit some wash outs on this bike trail with a lot of exposed rocks and this bike took it like it was hungry for it!
icon14.gif

Did you get the Hayes hydraulic brakes? I've had a few issues with mine. The lever adjustment screws tend to "slip" and get soft - I've tried loc-tite and it's helped, but I've heard that Hayes will send you replacement parts if you contact them.
The brakes are Hayes, hydraulic, and thus far haven't been a problem, but I haven't had it more than a month yet. One thing for sure........the 8 inch disc and hydraulic brakes have some SERIOUS stopping power!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga