• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

"Loop" courses

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Has anyone raced courses that were loops? Check out this course -- in addition to all the back and forths, the race (half marathon distance) is actually 2x around the circuit. I'm thinking of doing it, but I don't know if I can psychologically handle the going around in circles part....

Marigee

Angel Diva
The circuit is only twice - so I don't think you will really feel so much like you are going in circles - not like running a track. I think if you had to run that circuit 5 or 6 times you might get a little tired of it (or just a little tired!)

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeesh. It might not be *too* bad, since it looks like it's probably pretty scenic, but I hear you on the psychological issues. I picked the half-ironman that I'm doing specifically because it's one of the few that you don't have to do a loop for either the bike or the run. I just know that it would kill me to have to go right past the finish line and keep going!

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just know that it would kill me to have to go right past the finish line and keep going!

Yep....especially since whenever I run a 10K, when I get to the 5K mark I think to myself "If this were a 5K, I'd be done!" and when I run 10 milers, do the same thing, but for 10K. Hmmm...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna