• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Looking for performance ski boots for racing

yakgirl

Diva in Training
Hi All, I am looking at joining a local ski race club next ski season (08-09 season). I require a medium to high volume boot. I am an intermediate skier looking to have more fun and get better. Right now, I am skiing with Tecnica Attiva V6 Ultra boots and Rossignol B2 Bandits. My husband has bought me the Dynastar Speed Omeglas 63 for next season. Any suggestions on a performance boot with medium to medium/high volume that would work well with a fast/fast turning ski? Thanks

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That's really tough because what some people think are high volume may not be enough for you or may be way too much for others. I've heard Head is a high volume which I need but they hurt me. I liked a pair of Langes which are notoriously narrow but ended up in Tecnica Diablos. Go see a boot fitter!

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Only a professional boot fitter can truly make recommendations for you after looking at and measuring your feet. Read the boot stickies at the top of this forum.

In general Technica, Atomic and Nordica tend to run to the higher volume end of the spectrum and all make strong women's boots (look at the top-of-the-line or 1 step down boots no matter which manufacturer).

skigrl27

Ski Diva Extraordinaire<br>Legal & Environmental A
Nordica Olympia Speed Machine 12's. Check those babies out. I love them. I tried on many, many boots - these were the best for me. Nice & stiff.

Feet are different though so try them all on!

perma-grin

Instructor PSIA L 3, APD Alpine Ski training MHSP
I'm going to second that Olympia speedmachine 12 from "Nordica"!!!
This is my second season in them ( which means that I have well over a hundred days on them) and they still rock! They are very edgy and have great snow feel! Make sure that you are shell fit, neoprene toe box prevent your toes from feeling crowded! The fact that the flex varies from an 90 to a 100 flex is a bonus too!!! They are comfortable enough to stand in at the top doing starts, but still plenty enough boot to run course in. If they feel a little burley for you try the next step down in the "10". They are softer in the flex but the last is the same and equally edgy! Either of those boots would be a nice match for those skis. Although not as nice as matching them up with a ":thumbsup: Nordica Firefox" would be! Audacious plug for my favorite ski of the season!

yakgirl

Diva in Training
Boot followup

Thanks for the suggestions. My husband thought the Nordica speed machine 12 would be a good boot also. We went to a couple of shops in town neither of which had the Nordica. I ended up with the Attiva Flame. I snugger/stiffer boot than what I have right now. Feels good. I am going to ski in it for the first time tomorrow. I can't wait. Have a great weekend!:snow:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga