• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Lindsey Vonn: The Final Season

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I don't get HBO, but I understand the documentary Lindsey Vonn: The Final Season is airing tonight. I'd love to hear a review from anyone who sees it.

Last edited:

COcanuck

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm looking forward to watching it either tonight or tomorrow!! But Dolly's 50th at the Opry is also on tonight, gotta make some tough decisions with my hubby, LOL!

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Have it on the DVR. Started to watch a little before we called it bedtime. The crash videos of Vonn and other skiers made me cringe. Ouch! The harsh reality of ski racing...

MissySki

Angel Diva
Just watched it. Amazing the world of pain athletes at this level live and perform in. I mean I obviously knew about the multitude of injuries Lindsey has had, but you don’t tend to think about the chronic nature of what all of that leads to on a daily ongoing basis. For example, her doctor showed images of her knee comparing it to someone in their 60s. She also goes into the loneliness of doing what she’s done for so long, and that seemed so palpable to me. Definitely kept me glued to the screen for the 1.5 hrs., there sure is a whole lot more behind the scenes than the glamorous aspects one might expect from being so famous and at the very top of your sport.

Last edited:

COcanuck

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have it on the DVR. Started to watch a little before we called it bedtime. The crash videos of Vonn and other skiers made me cringe. Ouch! The harsh reality of ski racing...

oh my goodness, I was having a hard time watching a few of those crashes myself!

HikenSki

Angel Diva
Just watched it. Amazing the world of pain athletes at this level live and perform in. I mean I obviously knew about the multitude of injuries Lindsey has had, but you don’t tend to think about the chronic nature of what all of that leads to on a daily ongoing basis.
I laughed out loud when early in the movie she said she felt F-ing old when getting ready for an early morning run. You can see the toll on the body that years of skiing has done. It made my bones ache just thinking about all her injuries, daily aches and pains, and what she will feel like when she is 60.

My husband and I both commented about her use of men's skis and how that was a crazy concept at the time. Skis don't know the sex of the humans strapped to them. They only feel weight and pressure. If you can drive them, then why not ski them?

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Bravo, Lindsay

I hope she eventually makes it an integral part of her life again.

teppaz

Angel Diva
Loved the doc. I agree the crashes are hard to watch. I follow the World Cup racing season on TV and that's definitely the worst part. When there's a crash, they usually cut to reactions of other racers and you can see they all feel it like a punch in the gut.

geargrrl

Angel Diva
In some ways I thought parts of it were a rehash of prior documentary material. I did think the focus on leaving the sport was well done.

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm still thinking about her phenomenal athletic conditioning. There is no way that any normal human being would be up as quickly as she was after an ACL, PCL and MCL tear with a non-displaced fracture. The amount of time and training effort on her part...inspiring!

I normally consider myself in pretty OK shape, but watching how much conditioning she does/did, made me feel like a real slug. lol

ddskis

Certified Ski Diva
That’s super cool; thx for posting! McDreamy looked slightly out of his comfort zone but who wouldn’t with those two!

Great course perspective. Wicked steep and hairy scary- wowzers!

Will never forget CMAC’s Scott McCartney and his horrible crash on the Hahnenkamm

Christy

Angel Diva
Will never forget CMAC’s Scott McCartney and his horrible crash on the Hahnenkamm

Omg me neither. At least they have finally stopped showing his crash and him laying twitching on the snow every year when they broadcast the race.

Christy

Angel Diva
I finally saw the HBO film on Lindsey (I broke down and signed up for a month or two of HBO to watch My Brilliant Friend). It was good--better than I expected, and much better than a sports doc you might see on ESPN.

MI-skier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Glad this got bumped up. In the midst of Tiger King and now Money Heist, I forgot about this. :-)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna