• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Length for those who have tried Volkl Auras

mollmeister

Angel Diva
Presuming I can still get my hands on some to demo (doubtful! Hah!) or buy (maybe?), what do people think about length in this particular ski?

I am 5'2", around 115lbs right now, working my way back down to 110lbs.

Very athletic. Strong legs, strong skier, but not an ex-racer or anything. (I say this because I ski with a couple ex-lifelong-racers and I feel like I am a pretty good skier, but one of them in particular rocks my world. She is my hero. Same, perfect, fluid form and strong turns/no bobbles in ALL conditions, everywhere.)

Prefer off-piste, steep, deep. Not huge on trees, but I pretty much end up skiing a little of everything, except many low angle groomers. Copper, Vail, WP, a little at the Aspen resorts. No BC at this point.

I have a K2 Lotta Luv in a 153, but I kind of feel like I am outskiing/overpowering it in some conditions, and it's a little noodly at high speeds and in the heavy stuff.

Great for a mellow ski, and it definitely helped me get my groove back after baby #1. . . but I also want something a little wider/stiffer (and perhaps a bit more stable at speed.) I would look at more unisex skis, but a lot of the wider ones don't drop below 170, which at my height and weight. . . well. . . let's just say I don't want to kick my own butt trying to be one bad mama.

Should I accept that I am a midget and look at the 156? Or am I going to find it a bit short in the soft stuff? I tend to think of skiing a powder-ish ski a little longer. Which, of course, would mean that I need to try to find the last remaining 163 in the universe.
:D

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll answer this better after I have skied mine (going to Utah on Wednesday ... looks like I'm a week late, but I won't complain).

What I will say is, Don't go too short. If you are wavering between two sizes on a powder type ski, buy the longer one.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hunt down that last remaining 163! It's very manageable yet stable and floaty....you'll love it (and if you hate it, you can sell it to me :laugh: ).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga