• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

learn to ski free at Okemo?

Sierra

Certified Ski Diva
Wow, it sounds awesome: free lesson, free rental, free ticket. Is it too much a good deal, tho? Does anybody know if it gets too crazy with people?

I am planning on taking a never-ever skiing next weekend, and this sounds very tempting, even if I have to pay a full ticket for myself.

I have a pass to Killington, but their ski school is pricey! (125 for just a two hours beginner package????).. And they will be superbusy anyway with their 50th Anniversary, so it may be intimidating for the newbie.

tcarey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's hard to say if there will be alot of never evers.We do a pretty good job though of showing everyone a good time!

T

playoutside

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Not sure how nuts it will be during this great offer, but I brought a friend who was a "barely ever" to Okemo last year. Years ago she had gone with a group who dragged her up a chair and abandoned her. She was very afraid from that experience. She ended up having a great day at Okemo, started nervous, but by the afternoon she was slowly carving her way off one of the quads. She got great attention from the ski school staff. Definitely a good experience and she went another time several weeks later.

Sierra

Certified Ski Diva
tcarey, oh, i know you guys rock! I took some great lessons last year.

I am protective of this particular newbie bc he is not a native English speaker, so the larger the group the more likely he will have trouble understanding instructions. He is pretty clever, though, and I will give him a primer in Spanish before I hand him to his instructor :becky:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna