• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Late spring skiing?

hockeymom3

Diva in Training
We have skied in Colorado for spring break every year since my kids were little (1, 4, and 7…now 12, 16, 18). We have that booked for 4 of us again this year, but my oldest’s spring break (now that he’s in college) is the last week of March this year. He’s not sure what he wants to do, but skiing in on his list. I plan to take him in January for at least a few days. He skied in Beaver Creek and Vail with friends at Easter this year…so I know that’s a possibility…but

Where in North America do you feel has the best snow for skiing in late spring? He’d be absolutely up for trying something new.

Thanks! (I’m missing it and keep looking at places to buy out there for when my youngest graduates HS and I can spend more time…)

mustski

Angel Diva
I’d recommend Tahoe - pretty much anywhere, & except Mammoth. In Utah - Alta/Snowbird, & Colorado in general (excepting Steamboat). Mt. Bachelor in Oregon is great for spring skiing but March might be a bit soon - visibility wise. Canada would be great -Lake Louise/Banff. It really depends if he has a season pass and what’s on it.

Jilly

Staff member
Last week of March is not a holiday week in Canada...so Banff would be a good choice. Ikon 5 days..or WB if Epic. But you might have to down load at WB then at WB...

Jay Peak has the Jay cloud through March, but that might be more last minute...

marzNC

Angel Diva
Where in North America do you feel has the best snow for skiing in late spring? He’d be absolutely up for trying something new.
My late season trip is to Alta Lodge. I meet up with old friends and often make new friends who are staying at AL for the first time. When my daughter was a tween, we became friends with a family from DC who played competitive ice hockey. Spring skiing at Alta was the only time they skied. There are multi-generational families with a tradition of spring skiing at Alta. LCC usually has the most snow in April of any locations in Utah during late season. It's a combination of higher altitude and the unusual weather pattern over the LCC/BCC canyons.

What type of terrain do you and your son enjoy the most?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga