• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Lange XT 90 Boot Flex

Irinka

Certified Ski Diva
I bought a pair of new boots, Lange XT 90 online, after trying Lange RX 110 in store. I was previously skiing Technica Demon 90 but I feel like there was too much volume in calf and arch, and they were extremely hard to buckle and put on.
I have not received the new boots yet but am afraid they might be too soft after reading some online info. Some reviews say that because it's a hike mode boot the flex actually feels like 70-80.
Any advanced skiers here who own this boot and can attest to it's flex?

lisamamot

Angel Diva
You and I have the same specs (I am 5'9" similar weight and strength), and I have the 2015 Lange XT 90 and also came from a Technica with a 90 flex. I love them and do not find the the hike mode makes them too soft at all; at Big Sky last year I put them in hike mode to hike, and forgot to put them back in ski mode, and didn't even realize until lunch.

I also read about how the XT would be softer, but I completely disagree that it is drastic. They come with laces to put in the liner, which increases the resistance based on how tightly you lace them.

Report back when they arrive! If you have a narrow foot, the XT LV has a 110 flex so may be a consideration for you.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can't attest to that boot specifically but I have a pair of hike mode boots that is a 110 flex and recently skied in a very similar model by same brand that is not and 100 flex and the non-hike boot was very much stiffer. I have never felt the flex of the hike boot to be anywhere near what it says and have always been somewhat disappointed in how soft it actually is. I was always told it was the clear plastic but the other boot is also clear.

Irinka

Certified Ski Diva
Thank you lisamamot. I won't be able to test them out on snow till 2 weeks from now, I hope you are right.
I got them for a very good price, so if anything I can always resell them without much loss, or make them my powder boots. I wonder if the size of the boot plays a role in how much flex they have. I imagine the same boot in bigger size will have more flex than smaller size to compensate for bigger taller rider?

lisamamot

Angel Diva
@Irinka, volklgirl has the Lange XT 100W LV and she is an aggressive/powerful skier. @volklgirl , do you have new feedback on the flex in your boots? I know you were concerned about dropping from a 120 flex down to the 100, but were initially pleased.

Serafina

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thank you lisamamot. I won't be able to test them out on snow till 2 weeks from now, I hope you are right.
I got them for a very good price, so if anything I can always resell them without much loss, or make them my powder boots. I wonder if the size of the boot plays a role in how much flex they have. I imagine the same boot in bigger size will have more flex than smaller size to compensate for bigger taller rider?

Should be same flex, since they can engineer the materials to deliver a consistent experience across the range of the product. This boot ought to have a "90 flex" whatever size the boot is, but bigger riders often get a stiffer boot (100 flex, for example, when they'd have a 90 if they were smaller) because their size makes it easier for them to bend a boot of a given stiffness than it is for a smaller skier.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Irinka, volklgirl has the Lange XT 100W LV and she is an aggressive/powerful skier. @volklgirl , do you have new feedback on the flex in your boots? I know you were concerned about dropping from a 120 flex down to the 100, but were initially pleased.
This is year 2 in my XT 100 LVs, and I'm still very pleased with them (at 200+ lbs, you'd think they would be too soft, but they're not). The liners have not packed out any more, and I love the added flex that forces me to be a balanced, active skier rather than a park-and-ride skier. Hoping to actually do some touring on them this year.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna