• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Kids waiting at chair for you

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
One thing that happened to me this year was my daughter started skiing bowl runs from top to bottom without stopping. I found that after years of stopping and waiting for her, I'd lost the ability to do this somewhere along the way. Does anyone else have kids who had to start waiting for them at the chair, overnight? Anyone else notice a loss of stamina from stopping all the time for a number of years?:smile:

Squaw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
yes, after the years of skiing when the kids were young, I suddenly woke up to find they were waiting for ME. Oh how embarrassing. :p

What I really noticed was not the change in pace, but in confidence. Going back onto the steeps after years of skiing easier things with the kids -- especially things I perceived as a little sketchy due to ice patches, rocks, blind fall aways -- threw me.

That was one motivation for going to clinics, to rebuild my comfort zone.

And now our son is happy to have me tag along, and will even wait from time to time, because I will go play spotter and check out jump landings for him. Always the useful mom. What can I say. :D

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Funny isn't it.

We have approximately one green and three I think blue runs only one blue that runs top to bottom, so when my daughter was on those I went ahead and learned how to tele along with her to keep things from getting mundane. I do though know exactly what you are talking about because I had similiar experience with cliffs and cornices and big drops. I grew up at an area that drifted everywhere,
so jumps and drop offs were never a problem until last year. It was like a switch flipped off in my brain and when I would get on top of something it looked so foreign to me. I always attributed it to age and laughed at myself, but now that you mention it, there was a timelapse when my daughter was younger and doing such things seemed irresponsible and breaking a limb just was not an option.

I too have become a spotter, I've lost my ability to launch only to be replaced by a daughter on an endless pursuit for cliffs to huck. Do you ever have to follow through those trails where you have to turn your hips sideways to make it between the trees? I used to pick my own line between the trees but now I have to tail her to check a landing that I have no idea of where it is. It is all worth it though isn't it? Endless smiles:smile: :smile: :smile:

cloudpeak

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My kids have been better skiers than I am for several years now. I'm used to them beating me to the bottom, jumping off things that I ski around, and generally skiing circles around me. It's all good. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga