• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Keep or trade in BP 88

skilynn

Diva in Training
Hi there!

I have the Volkl Kenjas (163) and Black Pearls (166). The Kenjas are definitely a stiffer/heavier ski than the Black Pearls, but I have a ton of fun on the Black Pearls too! I consider myself an aggressive skier (5'3", ~140 lbs), and I can charge plenty hard on the Black Pearls. They are more playful than the Kenjas, but that doesn't mean I don't ski everything on the mountain with them. It's less about how advanced you want to be, and more about the feeling you want from your skis. A stiffer ski like the Kenja will allow you to plow through crud more predictably, while the BP will give more feedback and is less stable in this scenario.

At your height and weight, a 166 cm BP may be better for you long-term, but I definitely think you can excel with what you have currently too. Hope this is helpful!

Thanks for your input. I think I will see how it goes with my Black Pearls the 1st day, supposed to get 12"+. I like them, but I may demo the Kenja as I'm curious to see how different they feel now.

skilynn

Diva in Training
Welcome! What region do you ski the most? Do you have a home mountain?
We are in PA, less than 2 hrs. from Camelback. My husband took me when I first moved to PA about 18yrs ago and I just didn't seem to love skiing. Two years ago we went to Killington and I got hooked, I love it! Killington is actually the only place I've been now. We are hoping to go west in the next year or two.

marzNC

Angel Diva
I'm a Tahoe skier! I live in Reno now, so Mt. Rose is my place! I grew up skiing all over Tahoe though, so I love all of the spots (especially Squaw/Alpine!)
Haven't skied Mt. Rose for a while but it seems like a good home mountain. Certainly close enough to Reno. The last time I skied there, my friend and I were finishing a ski vacation in north Tahoe and booked red-eye flights so we could ski at Mt. Rose before heading to the airport.

When you have made a few more posts, you'll be able to create a Getting To Know You self-introduction thread. There are a few active Divas who ski Tahoe, but they live in CA not NV.

marzNC

Angel Diva
We are in PA, less than 2 hrs. from Camelback. My husband took me when I first moved to PA about 18yrs ago and I just didn't seem to love skiing. Two years ago we went to Killington and I got hooked, I love it! Killington is actually the only place I've been now. We are hoping to go west in the next year or two.
Having checked out a few ski areas in PA, I can see why you didn't think skiing was all that much fun until you went to a bigger mountain. Although Montage is pretty fun for those who enjoy the advanced terrain on the lower mountain.

Have you ever gone over to Pico on a weekend?

tinymoose

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Where all have you tried skiing? Jack Frost and Montage are my personal favorites. I also like the terrain at Blue Mountain, but that place is a freak-show on the weekends. I'm, personally, not a big fan of Camelback. Went there a couple times for Buckman's demo days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna