• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

K2 Tough Luv

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Was skiing at Glenshee in Scotland on saturday and they had a K2 stand there so thought I would demo some skis :smile:
I have not been a fan of the womens specific K2 skis in the past so asked the guy for a unisex ski. I asked for something a bit fatter than what I was on (Elan Magfire 9, w75). He suggested I try the Tough Luvs, I said I would prefer a unisex ski, he insisted.....
I wasn't thrilled with it. It was certainly a heavy duty ski, definately the hardest to ski of all the womens skis I have tried but I didn't really like it. previously I have tried the recons and the lotta luvs and the crossfires and the burnin luvs and always prefered the unisex skis. I couldn't really put my finger on why and it was kind of the same with this ski, the unisex skis just felt more fun! This was a heavy ski and felt heavy to ski, despite this it wasn't as stiff as other skis I have tried and I felt I bent it reasonably well. It did charge through everything and was very stable.
I was on piste all the time but the conditions were variable, soft ungroomed snow, soft groomed snow and bizarely some rocks of ice

Classification: All mountain/off piste
Length: 168
Dimensions: 124-88-111
Radius: 16m @160cm

Short turns: 3
Medium turns: 3
Long turns: 3
Stability: 5
Forgiveness: 3
Grip: nice snow so didn't really notice this
Steeps: NA
Crud: 4
Straight: 4

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the review! I have been curious to hear about these skis, just cuz. I felt the same way about the burnin and lotta, just dead and heavy. I was really turned off by K2's and then I was talked into trying the Phat's. Oddly, I just really enjoy that ski and I am finding that it does a pretty good job as an all mountain everday ski. So I have been dying to hear anything about this ski.

lynseyf

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have never tried the phat luvs. I didn't hate any of the other luv skis I tried, I just didn't want to rush out and buy them. I had been quite curious to try these skis as I had read a lot of good things about them and was glad to get to try them on the mountains that I normally ski but I was also glad to get my Elans back as they are just more fun :smile:

marta

Angel Diva
I skiied with Tough Luvs at Jackson Hole for 2 days. I chose it because it came in 146 length, one of the few that comes short enough for tiny people. First day out, I thought they were a bit heavy and sluggish, but it was also my first day out in real powder in many years, and my first time ever on fats. But the 2nd day, I got to know them. I ended up having a lot of fun with them, and their hefty feeling seemed to disappear. They were good at whatever I threw at them, powder, crud, groomed, steeps. They especially liked bumps and choppy snow. Easy turning and suprisingly very grippy on the groomed as well. Seemed like they're built much like my Burnin Luv's, just wider.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna