• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

K2 Revolver boots - anyone have them?

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
i have had my Dalbello Kyra 85s since 2013. I stopped skiing Fall 2020 (stroke) and finally restarted skiing this season. I love my current boots, once I get them on. But that’s the problem—getting them on. I bought a pair of K2 Revolver boots because I had Raichle boots and like them. (History note: Raichle had gone out of business and Full Tilt wasn’t started yet. Full Tilt was bought by K2 and is producing the Raichle design under the Revolver banner.). Unfortunately I have a high arch. I especially would like to hear from others who have worn the boot what experience you have had.

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sadly, these did not work out. Length was right but 99mm last was too small.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Sorry to hear :frown:

No Revolver here (yet), but I have been skiing in Full Tilt Classics since 2017 (second pair), and it's the best fit I've ever had (custom insoles, no heat molding, wear and go). I'd previously, for many years, been in a 98 last Tecnica that required 6th toe blow-outs, toebox always too narrow (many lost toenails...). And now I'm in boot-fit heaven. DH also in Full Tilts (he was first) after mourning the disappearance of Raichle Flexon Comps, which he wore for years.

Hope you find your perfect, "magic" boot!

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thanks for the sympathy. I don’t understand why the toe boxes are so small! There is no downside that I can see from the performance end of having a large toebox. Sigh! I hope K2 brings back the wider last. I had Raichle too. Loved them.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Wow, @AltaEgo - you have really been THROUGH IT :eek: Hats off to you for starting to ski again.
I had a thought: if the 99 last of the K2 Revolver is too snug, you might want to look into the Dalbello cabrio line (3 piece shell - they and Full Tilt split the patents on the Raichle Flexon Comp). Pretty sure there is a model of Dalbello with a wider last (102?). Not sure about K2, though. Worth a look?

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@MaineSkiLady Thats a good thought. I have Dalbellos now, and I will check it out. Thanks!

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Take a look at Level 9 sports online. They have a pretty large range of Dalbello boots (on sale right now, although I discourage online ski boot purchases, period) - but you can view different models that have the 3 piece cabrio shell and check out the forefoot widths of each model (among other useful numbes). Seems like many accommodate 100-102 mm. Might work for you?

Last edited:

AltaEgo

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@MaineSkiLady I have used Level Nine kids stuff for a lot of years. I checked out Dalbellos site and some reviews of the Cabrio LV and found out that it too is low volume. Basically, they took the Kyras I am in now and narrowed the last. I am going to hold out to see what next year brings. I should have bought the full tilt plush when it came out, and I am hoping K2/Dalbello will resurrect it. I lost 35 pounds but still have fat feet! Lol

brooksnow

Angel Diva
Have you looked into the Dalbello Panterra line? It's a cabrio type 3 piece boot that comes in a variety of flexes. I had the Kyra a few years ago and my next boot was the Panterra 105. I have a wide high volume foot and the boot fits with just a couple punches for my very square foot, where my big toes don't taper and at the sides of my arches.

lemonlime

Diva in Training
This might be way off the mark, but have you considered the Apex boots? They’re basically a snowboard boot with a stiff exoskeleton. One of my favorite things about them is how easy they are to take on and off. I’m an intermediate recreational skier and these are definitely not a “performance” boot, but I really enjoy how comfortable they are. I’m assuming you’re much more advanced, but just thought I’d throw it out there if the getting into and out of the boot is a big factor!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna