• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Help Needed: K2 Miss Conduct or Volkl Transfer?

gigiandme

Certified Ski Diva
I am hoping for some advice please?!

I am looking for a twin tip that might suit my recently turned 13 year old daughter.

She's 166cm tall (5ft 4) and still quite light at 43kg. I suspect she has some growing to do (eg. her sister is 5ft 9 at 17 yrs) & hasn't really gone through puberty yet.

She is doing a weekend program this July/Aug throughout our winter in Australia which is predominantly freeskiing...... bumps/trees/park/piste/offpiste and will be best on a twin tip.

Am looking at either the Volkl Transfer - 155cm or the K2 Miss Conduct - 159cm (both skis are 2018)

Can anyone provide any feedback on these skis please? One other option would be the Black Crows Captis Birdie 157cm...

Thank you
:smile::smile::smile:

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I haven't skied them myself or how they compare to the others, but I got the 2016 Missconduct for my teen, and she is happy with them.

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Volkl Transfer is the replacement I believe for the old Ledge/Pyra - 85 waist. 155 should be the appropriate size. DD has used the Ledge/ Pyra for freeski team for several years and it worked well in all the conditions you listed.

Black Crows Captis is 90 waist, and I’m sure would be supper fun as well, plus its the trendy ski brand lol.

I have the Black Crow Camox which is 97 waist - supposedly similar to Captis. This ski has a more floaty playful feel, but you can still carve. I also have a version of the Ledge/ Pyra which is stilffer, I wold think it has a bit more edge hold more traditional ski feel than my black crows.

Both the Crows and the Volkls have longer turn radius - 17 / 18m
I don’t have any experience with the K2.

I’m sure either of the options will work, not sure if you have more soft snow or hard pack -
Can her coach could give some feed back as well as to what would work better?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga