• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Just finished Day 4 this season!

C

CMCM

I just finished my 4th straight day of skiing this season, and I've got my "ski legs" back. :ski2: The snow has actually been great, crowds not too bad until today (Sunday), which was crowded and suicidal since a lot of people were tearing down only two runs at breakneck speed and mowing people down right and left. We skied today from opening at 9:00 until about ll:45 when we called it. But more snow should be coming this week, and hopefully it will really be piling up all over so that all the runs will be open. Plus we'll be back to our mostly midweek skiing--I detest weekends due to the crowds. It's so great to be back on skis after nearly 7 months of no snow! :yahoo::yahoo:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did day 3 today and enjoyed it as well! I'll be posting pics when Pinto sends them to me, where are your pictures? :D

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I did day 3 today and enjoyed it as well! I'll be posting pics when Pinto sends them to me, where are your pictures? :D

Uh, here!

They turned out a little odd (iPhone camera). It was a really nice sunny day, I promise; these look like outer space

Attachments

• IMG_0124.jpg
    IMG_0124.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0125.jpg
    IMG_0125.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0126.jpg
    IMG_0126.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 18

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Uh, here!

They turned out a little odd (iPhone camera). It was a really nice sunny day, I promise; these look like outer space

Well, actually, I meant CMCM's photos, I was giving you more time! Thanks for posting, I had a great time with you today. :D

C

CMCM

Here are a couple of photos

Photos from the 2nd ski day this season. Snow, sun, not too crowded so that's good! The day after these photos were taken, I was skiing in a T-shirt, no gloves, and it was pretty warm! Then day after that was COLD! No solid weather from one day to the next because no real weather pattern has set in yet, BUT....the snow was really great for 4 of the 5 days I've skied so far!

CM-Boreal-1107.jpg

Boreal1107.jpg

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Nice pics CMCM! I like seeing that there is actually snow coverage!

C

CMCM

The snow was not bad at all, considering it was partially "real" and partially man-made! There was coverage pretty much all over the area, but the whole area isn't yet skiable. The two working runs were beefed up with snowmaking....a LOT of snowmaking with their big new snow guns, and no rocks etc. in sight, nice pack with good top cover and the skiing was almost perfect. I didn't even need to use my rock skis at the beginning! Last year at Squaw, the first days were horrible and you had to literally ski around rocks and thin snow areas. Not fun at all. I just hope the temps stay down so they can keep things going until the big storms start rolling in. Right now it's sunny and a bit too warm in my opinion.:mad:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga