• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

JH attempting to break world record for skiers & riders in jeans!

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't teach that day so I just might if the weather and vibe are conducive. Thanks for sharing @ski diva ! I work for the resort and did not even know about this!

There is so much to unpack, or just go with the flow, with this attempt, I can't even wrap my head around it, but I suspect it will be quite the wild and raucous day. A tad envious of my friend with the ski pants that have jean print on them.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If I lived near Jackson Hole, I'd definitely be there:

View attachment 21817
Anyone going to go?
I used to have a sticker on my helmet "friends don't let friends ski in jeans" and Yes I have skied in jeans.. even raced in them. LOL here I am Skating to the finish line I think I was on my 210cm Kneissel white stars in BELL BOTTOMS!! Yes it Took a while to get the boots off with frozen jeans..

20211102_121358.jpg

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
My Swedish cousin's wife visited from Europe and proudly wore her two piece blue jean cotten ski outfit she had sewn herself! She is a ripping skier FYI. They all BC ski toured in cotton thermals and cotton socks. Maybe they know something? :brr: or not

• Love
Reactions: AJM

AJM

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Remarkables had a Denim Dash on their closing day this year here's a cut and paste job from their FB page -

A huge ka pai to all the Jerry's who shredded their hearts out, head to toe in denim for the first-ever DENIM DASH!
1f456.png

Huge success and we even broke a world record for amount of shredders in denim!
✨

Not sure how many took part and if they did indeed break a World record but the pics look great.

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hmmmmm...will have to watch the forecast because that's not out of the question here, but no way in heck I'm doing it in snowy weather!

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We all wore jeans back in the seventies! It mean we were cool - more likely frozen solid! I'm with you. If I lived near there, I'd be there for sure. If it was cold, I would just wear my long johns under!
Also in the 1980’s when I was in high school

Mermimi

Certified Ski Diva
We all wore jeans back in the seventies! It mean we were cool - more likely frozen solid! I'm with you. If I lived near there, I'd be there for sure. If it was cold, I would just wear my long johns under!
Guilty in the 80's also - jeans, red gaiters, and a black trash bag tied at my waist so my butt didn't get soaked. so cool!

floridakeysskibum

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Guilty in the 80's also - jeans, red gaiters, and a black trash bag tied at my waist so my butt didn't get soaked. so cool!
Never tried the trash bag over the butt, we were way too self conscious back in high school. But I did use wonder bread bags over my wool socks in my boots to try to keep my feet dry/warm ( that never worked)!!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I skied in jeans, myself, when I was in high school and college (late '60's, 1970's), and lord knows how I did it. Yes, I wore thermal long johns beneath, but in retrospect, I had to have been FREEZING, especially when the wind picked up! Wearing cotton for skiing is just plain awful. Today's technical fabrics are way, way better.

Mermimi

Certified Ski Diva
Never tried the trash bag over the butt, we were way too self conscious back in high school. But I did use wonder bread bags over my wool socks in my boots to try to keep my feet dry/warm ( that never worked)!!
LOL! I forgot about the bread bags! Funny- I use them on my feet to slip into my wetsuit.

Jilly

Staff member
Skied in jeans too (70's). Leotards underneath. No base layers back then. Also I had a pair of ski pants that we would consider a shell with full length zippers to wear over top if it was snowing. We also didn't have chairlifts anywhere back then. The problem with the pants was they were made from shiny material that was more slippery than the jeans. I'm thinking they were White Stag or Pedigree.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga