• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Jackson Hole

skidaup

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Planning a trip to Jackson Feb 6th, anybody have some trip advise? Thinking of staying at the 49er. Sounds like a lot of good skiers from my home town are going including a few women, should be crazy fun.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
49er is convenient and in town where the post ski life is at! Bus goes from right there and should be sitting room too. Make sure you get to ski with people who really know the mountain, it's beauty lies in the unmarked but named and well known areas.
Have fun.

Brooklyn Skier

Certified Ski Diva
That is great. I remember reading a newspaper article about Jackson's steepness. Be careful. Have fun. I've never been there and had the opportunity to go this coming week to either Jackson Hole or S.Lake Tahoe...I checked air and Tahoe was cheaper by about $200 from NYC. I'm looking for a thread now for if anyone has been to S. Lake Tahoe? I hope next year to hit Jackson after some more practicing and getting use to West snow.

snoWYmonkey

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
JH and its reputation for steep terrain.

Brooklyn Skier,

Sorry to hear that your plans are taking you to the south shore. There are some nice resorts down there as well, though I would caution you that CA pow is typically quite a bit heavier, if more plentiful, than WY pow. I like Kirkwood myself.

As far as Jackson Hole and the steeps are concerned, I would encourage you to discover it for yourself. It gets as steep as you could want it short of being in AK. On the other hand, the resort has plenty of blue and double runs that are groomed daily. While the transition from green to blue runs may seem fairly steep, the resort's instructors in both group and private lessons can teach most skiers the skills they need to enjoy our blue runs in a few lessons with of course lots of practice too.

It may also be true that some of the blues are steeper than their brethren in other ski areas. I can not vouch for this, but I can say that we almost always have softer more "grippy" snow which helps with speed control compared to icy, more eastern style skiing.

I hope you have a blast in CA, and look forward to maybe seeing you out here next winter.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna