• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Its Sunday! - Who's got riding plans?

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sundays are a usually Ride Day for me.
I have plans to ride with a friend today. Something I look forward to.

What are you plans?
Is Sunday a day you like to get out to ride with friends or family?

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
Today's My Day Off

Sunday is my day off. I'm doing a sprint tri next Sunday, and I've been putting in alot of miles over the last two weeks -- My last hard ride was on Wednesday (29 miles) and I did an easy 20 miler on Friday. Training in this humid east coast weather has been a real challenge.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I hooked up with my girlfriend and volklgirl, at 10:00 AM.
The trail we rode is one that I am familiar with, but I have never done the legs of the trail that are considered advance.
Volklgirl deserves a huge thanks for exposing me to the advanced sections.
I won't tell you about the 7 hills that I couldn't make it without walking part way. I loved the log crossings, the tight twisty trails. Next time I'll do it a bit faster.
What was it, 11.4 miles?
In an hour and a half?
I'll have to check my bike computer but I think that was it.
Thanks Kris. It was fun.
I'll hook up with you guys again if I'm not busy golfing or playing volleyball!:D

I have waaaaaay too many interests!

abc

Banned
What are you plans?
"plan"???:confused:

Just got back from a 55 mile ride!

Never thought I would say something like this: "I thought the hills are not that bad at all!". :smile:

Well, that's because the hills are suppose to come at the end of the 75 miles. But because of the forecast of late day thunderstorm, our group decided to do the hills first! ;) I got the feeling had we rode all of the 75 miles, the hills would have felt a lot harder! Or maybe not. (I seem to be able to ride endlessly once I get into my "seasonal" shape)

Is Sunday a day you like to get out to ride with friends or family?
No, actually, I prefer to ride on Saturday. And kayak on Sunday!

I have waaaaaay too many interests!
Yeah, right, tell me about it! (See above) ;)

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ugh. I postponed my run this AM b/c I woke up with a splitting headache - I think I had gone to bed last night with a mini-migraine. Wound up taking a nap and having a nightmare that I woke myself out of by yelling "NO!"

After the grogginess wore off, I felt better, but it started to storm -- there was actually rolling thunder in the distance when I was sleeping. Now it's damp and humid outside, and I don't feel like going for a run, so I've made dinner and plan on cleaning up the place. Yay.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I rode a bit today(saturday). Was kind of a necessary get out of the house and get some sunshine and fresh air move on my part. I seized the opportunity to practice some things that will help me when I get back out on the trail. It was a good day, in deed.

Sunday, the day I usually ride, I have jam packed with golf. I'm golfing in the morning with the girls and in the afternoon with the guys.
I've done a lot more golf than biking the past few weeks since my nephew is home for three weeks.

Who's got riding plans for Sunday?
Road or Mt bike?

abc

Banned
I guess I'm the "planner" as mentioned in the other thread. Weekend riding "plans" are usually decided on Thursday or Friday, NOT Saturday.

Saturday is the prime riding day for me. Plus, the weather yesterday was simply GORGEOUS!!! I "planned" a 40-50 ride (mixed road-dirt, on a cycle-cross) for the day, ended up with nearly 60! Combination of a few wrong turns and forgetting my car key (no biggy, bikes are mobile, right?). ;)

Then, add another 25-30 (the computer magnet got knocked out of place in one rest stop) at mid-night. Makes for somewhere 80-90 range.

There WAS plan for a 20 milge single track Sunday. But due to the exra milage on Saturady, I don't feel like it any more. As often the case, Sunday plans tend to get knock out of way by Saturday "happenings". I think I'll walk around the block instead.;) -- Actually, I need to do some work on the bike. The "big ride" is 2 weeks away. My legs and lungs are ready, I need to get the bike to the same stage.

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This Sunday I am going to a 1 hour complimentary class at Williams-Sonoma. The topic is, and I am not making this up, Maximizing the Potential of Your Foodprocessor. I actually think this could be interesting.

This is why it needs to snow RIGHT NOW.

abc

Banned
This Sunday I am going to a 1 hour complimentary class at Williams-Sonoma. The topic is, and I am not making this up, Maximizing the Potential of Your Foodprocessor. I actually think this could be interesting.

Having lived in the Bay Area, I totally understand the "franzy" about food, though especially health food. Almost all of my friends were seriously involved in some form or another of health food or food supplements "movement" as I call them. Weekend meetings to exchange notes, share technique, etc. Some even quit their job to devote themselves to "spread the word"! ;)

Or yes, "network marketing". You can't hear about one "health food" without hearing the other. But that's a different matter...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga