• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

It's official ... Deer Valley/Park City early December

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We will be there Wed night 2 Dec through Sat afternoon 5 Dec. I will be trying to ski whatever is best on Thursday, and then not sure about Friday. DH's agenda says they will ski DV Friday afternoon, even though it isn't officially open until Saturday, so I guess I'll see what that's all about, and maybe ski with them on Fri afternoon.

If anyone is available THursday, though, let me know and maybe we can hook up. Hopefully there is substantial accumulation between now and then! If not, well, a $50 plane ticket and a free room at Stein Eriksen will be worth a little R&R anyway...

VTskiDiva

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
:jealous: I won't be in utah until feb! Have fun pinto! You will have to post a report when u get back.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll be closing on my new house that week, finishing up packing, moving, and working. I don't think I'll have any free time at all.
Like you said, spending time at Stein's isn't all that bad. Be sure to have at least one dinner there. Chef Zane has come good meals there! He used to have once-a-month cooking classes up there. The after-class dinner was always fantastic. And, definitely save room for some of Pastry Chef Raymond's desserts - always exotic and decadent. If he still has them, get some of his handmade chocolates. I used to buy the small boxes and give them as prizes at our skeleton club races.
As far as Wasatch Back skiing goes, PCMR has been blowing snow on Payday and Homerun. With the temps so low all day long the past 2 days, they have been going 24x7. If no heaven-sent snow arrives, at least we'll have that open, as far as I know. We're still listed as a 11/21 opening.
But, since I'm moving that week, I will say that I am hoping for bluebird skies. I really don't want to move in a snowstorm:fear:

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I...
But, since I'm moving that week, I will say that I am hoping for bluebird skies.

Unfortunately, I think you got them. ;-) Oh well. It looks like Alta has the most terrain open, so that's where I'll be Thursday if anyone is around.

dloveski

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Have fun---I'm flying to Boston right now for the week, so can't join up, though I'd love to.

We expect late fall conditions rest of week in Utah, maybe by the weekend something white will fall.

It sounds like a nice, relaxing and chill week ahead for you, enjoy.

Christy

Angel Diva
I'd love a trip report from Deer Valley. I don't see a lot of love for it on message boards, but I wonder if that's from skiers who are much better than me who like the off piste stuff. As someone who loves blue groomers, the idea of perfect grooming and a limit on lift tickets sold sound intriguing.

Slidergirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't underestimate quality over quantity. Alta may have more runs open, but PCMR has kept it's open runs in great shape. Plus, I know lots of the usual terrain park rats are coming over here because our new park manager had put up an excellent opening season terrain park for them to play in.
Deer Valley is still on schedule to open this weekend. They've been blowing snow like gangbusters, so they will have their blower-covered runs ready and open.
Christy - for DV reports, you probably don't get many here just because of the type of folks that ski there. It seems that Divas aren't the demographic for them. If you're a blue cruiser kind of person, it's a good place to go for a day. Honestly, I used to ski there alot, in the Mayflower area (I had a friend in the ticket office). But, it has just lost it's appeal for me. It doesn't seem as nice and fun as it used to be. But, then, it isn't the high-end, women in Bogner suits place that it used to be, either. I think they're not really cultivating any new clientele and losing families where the kids want to ride instead of ski.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Christy, I've skied at Deer Valley and I actually really liked it. I know, it's not the most rough and ready place and a lot of hard core types scoff at it. Deer Valley caters to the luxury market, and (unfortunately :wink:) that's not me. But it's hard not to be seduced. When you get there, nice people meet you and carry your skis! And the food is incredible for a ski resort! And the bathrooms are clean! And oh, there's skiing, too! :smile:

Seriously, I had a good time there. For what you're looking for, I'm sure you would, too.

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hey, I'm an Alta native and I LOVE my Deer Valley days. Seriously, a pow day at DV can sometimes even be better than an Alta pow day. Less people going all aggro over freshies, so you end up with even more for yourself! And as Ski Diva said, the food is incredible, the bathrooms are nicer than some spas I've been to and did I mention the lifties are courteous, not to mention nice and, the ones with the Australian accents aren't bad either ;)

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
. Seriously, a pow day at DV can sometimes even be better than an Alta pow day. Less people going all aggro over freshies, so you end up with even more for yourself!

DH was at DV a few years ago on a powder day, and said the same. He skied alone, basically, run after run, thigh deep.

Christy

Angel Diva
DV sounds like a treat! Since they limit lift tickets, I'm assuming you have to get there by....??? We usually arrive at opening, is that good enough? Pinto maybe you can let me know.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
DV sounds like a treat! Since they limit lift tickets, I'm assuming you have to get there by....??? We usually arrive at opening, is that good enough? Pinto maybe you can let me know.

I'm only staying at DV ... they don't officially open until Saturday; we might ski the morning, but we have a 2 pm flight that day. So I'm no help, unless you want a hotel review. ;-)

alta_gal83

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Christy, I've never witnessed DV at max capacity ..... don't worry whatsoever about getting there at opening. You'll get a ticket.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga