• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

It's A Fat Luv Day!

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Winter's not done with us yet! It started snowing around 4 yesterday and snowed all night.

Copper reported 6" at 5 am and more to come.

I love spring skiing! :D

Kathi

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I heard that in the airport!
You won't believe the mix up I had in my flight, but its all working out for me to get to VT in a reasonable amount of time. In the mean time I'm chatting with people at the airport who are heading west to ski and saying that they are flying into some phenomenal ski conditions out your way. Glad you finally got the snow you've been waiting to embrace!!!

Squaw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Go and enjoy it! Here too -- California -- has new snow and new vigor to last to Easter week!

Jen

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow, what a day! Nice light powder up to the knees, trees, and bumps.

We skied with friends from Cincinnati, they were brave or dumb :eek: enough to follow us around Copper.

We ran into LisaMarie working at Copper Commons.

Rachely, Vail reported 13", Breck got less.

Squaw, you're right, today really was a shot in the arm. More of this kind of snow and it won't be hard to ski to the end of the season. :smile:

Kathi

Little Lightning

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gina,

Not sure what WP is getting but we're in Silverthorne and it's been snowing all evening.

I was going back to Denver tomorrow morning but I'm thinking of getting another day in.

Kathi

Squaw

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
WELL, I thought it was a Phat Luv day. Serious refrozen chunks of windblown asphalt, ehem, I mean, snow on the lower slopes...but did find tracked powder way up high. But it was a hunt...

but always fun to be out on the mountain.

Jen

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I am soooooo jealous.

Here's what they say over at FirstTracks.com:

After dumping up to two feet of snow in the Sierra Nevada of California, a strong spring snowstorm moved across Nevada, Utah, and Colorado, leaving fresh snow in its wake to the delight of skiers and snowboarders in the Rocky Mountains and the Intermountain West. In the Wasatch Mountains of Utah, Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort reported a 17-inch 48-hour snowfall total, while neighboring Alta Ski Area logged 18 inches. Lesser amounts were recorded in the Wasatch Back, with Park City-area ski resorts of Park City Mountain Resort, Deer Valley, and The Canyons reporting 12 inches, 11 inches and eight inches, respectively. Southern Utah's Brian Head Resort east of Cedar City was a winner with 17 inches, while northern Utah resorts Powder Mountain (12 inches) and Snowbasin (11 inches) benefitted from the storm as well.

After leaving Utah, the storm crossed into Colorado. The four Aspen Skiing Company resorts reported up to a foot of new snow this morning. “It seems the snow gods are smiling on us,” said Rich Burkley, vice president, mountain operations, Aspen Skiing Company. “We decided to extend the season at Highlands and the snow started falling. We may be skiing into June if this keeps up.”

Vail this morning reported eight inches of fresh snow overnight and 10 inches in the past 48 hours. Similar accumulations were tallied at nearby Beaver Creek. The storm has continued throughout the day and the Front Range of Colorado is currently under a winter storm warning through this evening.

Gina23

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
All I have to say is for Winter Park

OH.

MY.

GOD.

I thought I was hooked on skiing before....

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's an obsession now.

I "get" the whole powder thing now... uh uh.

pinto

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Gina23 said:
All I have to say is for Winter Park

OH.

MY.

GOD.

I thought I was hooked on skiing before....

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's an obsession now.

I "get" the whole powder thing now... uh uh.

:D :D :D

The first time is always something, eh? I remember that feeling, too. "Oh, THIS is what powder is all about!!"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna