• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Information on Breckenridge

leslieb

Diva in Training
Hi. I am planning a trip to Colorado - Mid March. I was wondering if anyone has any information on staying in Breckenridge. There will be just 2 of us so we are considering a lodge, B&B or hotel. Most of what I've found online are condo's with a queen or king bed. We need two beds. The B&B's I've found have one bed also. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
A management company that I have used in the past is www.skicountry.com They have condos, hotels rooms & houses.

Also, you might find a owner that privately rents their property @ www.vrbo.com

One issue you might run into is that mid March is spring break time so availability might be an issue AND mid February through the end of March is considered the high season and is the expensive time of year.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Have you had any luck yet? I know there is a big hotel/condo complex at the base of Peak 9 at Breck (forgot name) that must have a 2-bed arrangement in the hotel aspect. Do you have your heart set on staying right in town? If you can be a few miles distant, the town of Frisco has several regulation-style hotel/motels, including a Holiday Inn/Holidome (not half bad, I've stayed there), among others. A free shuttle is available to Breck (also the other resorts) - the "Summit Stage"- and is highly recommended, as all parking at/near Breck is paid parking. A bit farther east is Dillon, with similar but even less pricey (possibly lesser quality, I'm not sure) hotels - national chain-type.

Mid-March is coming up fast! Hope you find what you need and have a great time.

leslieb

Diva in Training
We used skicountry.com thanks to SkiNurse. We are staying in a two bedroom condo for a little more than a hotel room. This trip there only 2 of us, we didn't want to rent a car- so we thought staying in town was the best option. Any recommendations - where to go and where not to go- skiing, eating or just in general?

Pequenita

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It's a very easily walkable town w/ lots of little shops and galleries. I don't want to seem like the typical tourist, but I do like the Breckenridge Brewery.

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Sorry for posting a link to articles, but I wrote these primarily as a "public service."

Breckenridge Articles

The site editor occasionally posts on TGR, which explains the tone of the articles! ;)

I live in Dillon. Yes, there are condos and yes you can take the free bus, but it is quite a haul.

skiguide

Diva in Training
Sorry for posting a link to articles, but I wrote these primarily as a "public service."

Breckenridge Articles

The site editor occasionally posts on TGR, which explains the tone of the articles! ;)

And now I post here... I thought I had created an account awhile back, but guess not.

Lisa, hopefully i'll get to ski with you sometime! If you come to UT, i think there's a few ski divas around these parts;)

Lisamarie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh cool! You're here! Skiguide is a woman that knows a lot about skiing!

I do hope to get back to Utah. Kristen Ulmer has invited me to attend her Ski to Live at no cost, as a thank you for covering her in some articles. Haven't had time to take her up on her offer, but I better do it before she forgets!

skiguide

Diva in Training
Oh cool! You're here! Skiguide is a woman that knows a lot about skiing!

yes, everything but how to ski well:smile: one of these days I'll learn that too.

i can sub in for ya if need a pinch hitter on the Kristen camp. course, it's not as fun for me since i just have to drive 10 minutes up the street.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga