• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

If you watch TV, what shows do you like?

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Just curious to see what the Divas like to watch if you do partake of the boob tube.

The intellectual snob in me would tell you that I like anything on the Discovery and History channels. :rolleyes:

The Diva in me would admit that I'm a huge fan of Lost and can hardly wait until tomorrow's season premiere. And my guilty pleasures include daytime talk shows, soap operas, and anything that involves forensic crime solving. :D

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I think my favorite is Stephen Colbert, 11:30 PM on the Comedy Channel, rebroadcast the next day at 8:30 PM (that's when I watch). He's incredible.

After that, it's The Office. So painful, so funny. And I like the Housewives.

That's pretty much it.

Jilly

Staff member
CSI all three shows, NCIS, ER, and the Canadian political comedy shows. We seem to be the only ones who can laugh at our politicians. Then also we have "World of Skiing" which always seems to be on at the weirdest times. Like Sunday at 5pm??? Saturday nights starting this weekend will mean Hockey. It's a Canadian thing. There is nothing like cheering on the Toronto Leafs in Montreal or Ottawa territory. Tremblant seems to be either, depending on who's winning the most games.

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ski Diva said:
I think my favorite is Stephen Colbert, 11:30 PM on the Comedy Channel, rebroadcast the next day at 8:30 PM (that's when I watch). He's incredible.

After that, it's The Office.
I knew I was forgetting something. I do like both the Daily Show and the Colbert Report (at their rebroadcast times). And the Office is incredibly funny and you are so right, PAINFUL. I also like it's intro, My Name is Earl.

Actually, I think I like too many shows. :o My excuse is that the TV keeps me company more than anything since I work from home.

My husband and kids (I can't believe I let them watch it) love Family Guy. I just can't get into it. I guess to me it just seems more gross than funny.

nelsapbm

Certified Ski Diva
The only 2 shows I'm addicted to are:
House - good eye candy on that show.
The Office - I love Jim's hair LOL!
Other than that, I like watching Red Sox baseball (guess I can't do that anymore) and hockey - at least that will be starting soon!

ISki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm watching a show or two :smile: :

New Shows: Men in Trees, Ugly Betty, Justice, Vanished, Smith.
Kidnapped, Jericho, & Heroes are on tape but I haven't gotten to them yet and don't know if they're any good.

Old Shows: Desperate Housewives, Prison Break

My guilty pleasure over the summer was Rock Star.

Lynn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
low brow/high brow

Yup, like some really embarrassing stuff. My daughter got me hooked on Project runway. Lost is good, House, Nip/Tuck, THE Shield, CSI (original only) 24, HBO on sundays.
THe Daily SHow is a universal amongst all in this household (our son got us hooked)
Bill Mahre on fridays.
Of course, I am still a huge Survivor fan.

Living in NYC gave us the opportunity to be in the audience for The Colber REport and The DAily Show. Both were great fun.

Snowflower

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No one else drools over Gray's Anatomy?

Marigee

Angel Diva
Grey's Anatomy and Lost definitely top the list here! I also like House, ER and Desperate Housewives. My hubby and kids are all math/science people, so Eureka was on all summer (last episode last night.) For a science Geek show it actually was pretty funny. We watched it together, so it was family TV time!

Oh - can't forget - The Closer - with Kyra Sedgewick. It has to be my absolute favortie show. Unfortunately it is a summer series so it won't be back on until next summer.

eng_ch

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Are you folks getting the original Office or the US version?

Keep meaning to try and catch up with House because I'm a big Fry & Laurie fan, but keep failing (yes, I realise it's only Laurie and no Fry ;) ).

The only things we seem to watch regularly are Town Called Eureka and Top Gear (which you prob don't get) - those are the ones we make an effort to catch and, because they happen to be on while we're eating dinner, Dog the Bounty Hunter and re-runs of Red Dwarf. Oh and South Park followed by Drawn Together on a Friday night because that's generally about the mood I'm in by then lol

nelsapbm

Certified Ski Diva
We get the US version with Steve Carrell (sp?). We rented the UK version a while back...hilarious!! Ricky Gervais is a hoot.

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ok, looks like I am one of the few folks who are home during the day. Oprah is my 4PM must and the only other must see is Survivor. I was /am a team building consultant and it is so much fun to watch the teams go through predictable stages of team development. And I always have a favorite hunk to watch.

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
eng_ch said:
Are you folks getting the original Office or the US version?
We used to be able to see the British version on BBC America (I think it's channel 268 here in Austin), but I'm not sure they air any episodes currently. The U.S. version is almost certainly what the posters here are referring to. (It's on as I type).

BTW, I liked the British Changing Rooms better than the U.S. copycat, Trading Spaces.

And where are my Ab Fab episodes???????? That is one hilarious show, darling.

Jilly

Staff member
Did you ever see the Absolute Fab show where she gets caught on the chair lift overnight?? Champers et al!

dburdenbates

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lilgeorg said:
Ok, looks like I am one of the few folks who are home during the day. Oprah is my 4PM must and the only other must see is Survivor. I was /am a team building consultant and it is so much fun to watch the teams go through predictable stages of team development. And I always have a favorite hunk to watch.
I'm also home during the day. Oprah is probably the least embarrassing thing that I watch. :o Mostly it's just on as background noise, though (or at least that's what I tell myself). ;)

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am on the go all the time. Rarely watch tv, but if I can catch a morning program I like Regis and Kelly!

I'm such a race fan, NASCAR, F1, Sports car, motocross.....etc, I watch SpeedTV and OLN more than anything!

Lola

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Lilgeorg said:
And I always have a favorite hunk to watch.

So, um . . this favorite hunk . . Who is he this season??? Hmmmm. I wanna know, really - I do!

As for TV at my house, the guys usually pick . . . So we have:
Football
My Name is Earl
The Office
Desparate Housewives
Lost
Weeds
Survivor (On Demand - gotta love that!)

Lilgeorg

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am hooked on Big Love. I have read about the split in the Mormon church and I have read lots on plural marriage. I have also read the Book of Mormon. The whole thing perplexes me. And it is a soap opera of the highest degree.

I also watched and miss, The Tudors. This series shows Henry VIII as a young, lusty man. You begin to understand what drove him to form the church I was born into. I have been a fan of English history for many years. Of course, it's a soap opera too!

Planet Earth has been wonderful. It shows the diverse beauty of our planet. It makes you want to take care of our home. The photograpy is breath taking. You can still see the shows if you search the TV guide.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga