• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I wish it would snow!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay, it's November already...so where's the snow? It's been very mild and warm here in Telluride, and I'm fearful we aren't going to start getting snow any time soon.

Of course, I said the same thing last year, and it didn't start snowing until after Thanksgiving, but then it wouldn't stop! :snow::snow:

But, our mountain is scheduled to open in 25 days, and so far they haven't been able to make ANY snow...

Ah me...

HotChocolate

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm with ya on that one! If it isn't hot enough to be out on the water then I want it snowy and cold so I can ski. I guess I need to find an in between passion.

tdamon

Diva in Training
Agreed! It has been 60 and sunny here in Aspen the past few days and I am ready for some snow. Since there are no leaves left, bring on the WHITE!!!! Maybe we need to do a Snow Dance...:snow:

marge

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh no! I sure hope it starts dumping soon! :thumbsup:

G Hoodie

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Pray for Snow!! :hail: Better do a snow dance and sacrifice some old skis to the snow gods.

I'm doing my snow dance at our big party in two weeks, so I'll be sure to add in a few extra shakes for your home mountain! :dancing:

Jilly

Staff member
Snow dance, scarifices to Ullr. We have "bad ski movie night!" Its the 15th this year. The "gang" gets together with food, booze and really bad old ski movies - Fire and Ice, Ski School. After that it can snow all it wants, we'll be ready!! Also I need to get my snow tires on, so it can wait till this weekend too!

Shannon D

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Ask and you shall receive...

I heard up to 24' in the Wasatch, 12-24 in the San Juans and 12-24 in the Elks.

Kano

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Speaking of doing a snow dance,

I was watching the grandboys today, and the four year old is getting excited about his first ski season. I sent his skis and boots home with mom the other day, after having picked them up earlier in the week. He loves them! (he was there to select and be fitted for them, but you know, didn't get to bring them home at the time...)

We were checking Bogus's web cams, to see how the snow was falling (total of about five inches on the ground as of late this afternoon), and we talked about dreaming about snow falling while we sleep, and doing a snow dance to make more fall.

"How do you do a snow dance, Gramma?"

So, is there a video of an "official" snow dance somewhere, so we can do this properly??????

Is there official music?

Karen in Boise

C

CMCM

Hang in there....some of the storms we've been getting out west have GOT to start shifting and hitting your area! We've actually been getting decent first snows earlier than last year, I think. I hope that's a good sign, although there was one year I remembver when we got a bunch a snow early on, then absolutely NOTHING in January so everything started melting. Horrible!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I guess all the snow dances worked!

We've gotten a foot (at least) at my house, and I hear there's two feet at mid-mountain and three feet on top! Oh happy days...:snow::snow:

Twenty two days until the mountain opens. I think I'll skip the big Thanksgiving dinner this year and spend all day skiing. :ski2::ski2:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'd like to say I'm happy for you but I'm not that nice!
Its 70F here and sunshine. ARGH!!!!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
We need some snow here. Badly. Tired of 60+ degree weather.

SnowflakeADK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga