• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I need a ski for eastern groomers

Powderqueen

Certified Ski Diva
I mostly ski off-piste and my quiver reflects that. I have a pair of Volkl Auras and a pair of Rossi S7s. I loved my Line Prophets for all conditions and when they died (after about 200 days, actually the bindings broke) and I replaced them with the Auras. I find the Auras don't carve very well. I think I need a more traditional ski for the icy days spent on-trail, cruising Whiteface, Killington or Okemo.

I'm 5'8" and ski about 170cm ski. I ski hard and head towards natural snow and bumps, but some days you just wanna cruise and I need a ski for that. One might say I'm an "expert" skier. There are rarely trails I won't ski, except for places like Corbet Couloir. I'd like a ski that I can let fly on the fastest steepest groomers and be solid under foot.

What you say ladies?

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I'm a Vermont skier, and I just got a new hard snow/groomer ski for this season: the Blizzard Viva X8. It has an 81-waist, and a 13.5 turning radius. Also a solid wood core construction with a Titanal layer to quiet vibration. Anyway, I haven't skied on it a whole lot, but I like it so far. Nice and grippy with good energy. I think the longest length, though, is 167.

Screen Shot 2016-11-30 at 3.22.40 PM.png

Jilly

Staff member
Any tuned down race ski would suffice. I would keep your search to anything under 80mm waist. The new Rossi AT carbon is a nice ice ski.

Powderqueen

Certified Ski Diva
Since I mostly ski off-piste, this would be the ski I would probably use the least, so I would rather not spend $1000 and am hoping to find something lightly used, or perhaps a couple of years old and still in the wrapper. I'm so used to skiing everything with 100mm under foot, that even a 90mm underfoot all-mtn ski would feel better on hard groomers. I will look in the 80mm range. Just not sure what to look for yet.

nopoleskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Click on the Skis.com button ON THIS SITE. for lots of good deals. I'm an Atomic lover..(used to be a Rossi fan) (sorry about your lines, they are a nice ski)

Right now I have Atomic cloud 11's 74 under foot. Extremely fun carver. 165cm may be the longest though. I bought new 2015 model w/bindings for $500 on Skis.com :-) I take my clouds in new snow, bumps and trees. Cloud 11 is the high end Ladies carver the men's version is The Atomic Redster- the Redster rips but very small sweet spot is stiffer you do need to 'be the driver' which sounds like you are. they are very low priced right now.

The Nordica Enforcer is another Super fun super carver. the Blizzard 7.5 (older model may be less $$) is also a super good carver.

Yes, It's getting harder to find a front side ski w/less than 80 under foot. yes, especially ladies skis seem to be on the shorter side (my old skis were always 185cm+)

I ski Okemo midweek, and also go to Whiteface, hope to see you on the snow!

lisamamot

Angel Diva

elemmac

Angel Diva
Seeing that you mostly ski off-piste and enjoy bumps, you might enjoy something like a Volkl Kenja, Enforcer 93, or Armada Victa 87ti. Something more all-mountain will still grip and rip on groomed terrain, but give you the flexibility thoughout the day to explore bumps and trees if the urge arises.

va_deb

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Skiessentials.com seemed to have a lot of good deals on longer skis. For great deals on used but kind of hit or miss try Galacticsnowsports.com. Levelnine.com is always worth checking out. Also alpineshopvt.com. Last two mostly new skis but good closeouts.

Smart to not spend a ton since it's a narrow part of your quiver. Might want to see what's out there in your length and price point then post the finalists to see if others have skied them.

That said, might want to put an older year Volkl Charisma on your short list.

Happy hunting!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cholinga